Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A very sensitive and well-done tribute and coverage of the memorial service and celebration of Blair's life by the MetroTimes' Travis Wright...

http://metrotimes.com/news/born-in-j...roit-1.1183490

He never lived his life in vain...

Quote Originally Posted by lukabottle View Post
    John, thank you for the invite. I considered getting a bus ticket [[currently in Pittsburgh) but it would be tight getting back to work on Monday. I figure the family could use the money more so I am going to send a check instead.

However, I will be back in Detroit next weekend. I had planned on moving things back from Pittsburgh that I won't need my last year at McGill. Please keep me updated if anything is planned at the Hastings Ballroom. I have a friend flying out from Cali who also knew him and will be driving back with me. We knew Blair from hanging out at coffee houses and casually running into him on the streets. He always made us feel so welcome and inspired.

The memorial seemed beautiful.
    Luka, if you're interested, contact me...I've got a disc to give you. It is of the first time I met Blair, at Audra's home concert series Dinner and a Show, back in early 2008. I also recorded the show on Saturday, which was quite moving, but it is stuck in my old Roland VS-1680 until I can get my Alesis fixed for mixdown and editing...and then approval by all who performed and spoke.

I intend on packaging and selling it to help raise funds for his family...we'll see.

Much love,
    John

I met him once. It was at TEDx Detroit and I can't remember what I said to him when I saw him in the lobby after this, I bet that I clumsily thanked him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiheq...eature=related
    I distinctly remember the goose bumps that I got when he was on stage. Amazing talent, that D. Blair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2