I agree ,it is about the kids. I have unfortunately seen what the results of living in a schools of choice area can do to your neighborhood. The new guy down the street moved in because he liked the area when a couple of his kids attended school here. He bought a nice home and brought along two of his teenage sons who stayed in their old school system until the move.

I met him when he moved in and he seemed like a nice responsible single dad, within a week of the move the two sons stole a neighbors motorcyle and sold it. When it was recovered the police said there was not really enough evidence to prosecute as the person who bought it would not testify,said he was not sure who exactly he got it from. Over the winter the sons did a drive by shooting at a house about a mile away after a school altercation, only one was prosecuted. Last month the house was raided and a bunch of weed and plants were removed and the dad said he was ignorant to how they got in his sons room, anothe kid hauled to jail.

The idiot actually had the balls to ask myself and another neighbor why we would no longer be friendly to him, his wonderful quote was " I can't control the s**t my kid do ,so don't hold it against me." I no longer leave my garage door open while working in there as I am now afraid of them seeing my tools.

So, unless a great deal of screening is done on the incoming students I feell that these schools are a great harm to their communities.