Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have been disappointed in Granholm's direction also, but you do have to remember, for her first term, she was trying to work with two Republican majority leaders whose favorite line was, "NO, we don't like it, come up with something WE like." There was a paucity of constructive ideas from that side, just mocking comments about how she didn't get it. The Senate majority leader has continued his role as chief action blocker. If we had a Republican governor during this past eight years of the erosion of revenue in Michigan, they would still be trying to cut taxes. In this time of diminishing revenues, to not be able to recoup lost revenue is a serious drag on any forward action.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    And I agree with you on Granholm, she did sit on her hands with KK. However I believe [[can't prove it at all) that the Obama campaign pressured her to get on with getting KK out of office. Granholm just strikes me as that politician who sticks her finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing before she does anything.
    With her dossier, what should we have expected? She was an actress and beauty queen. Literally. She wants to be popular and famous so she talks about world peace and saving the world, but has no understanding of how to do it or experience at making the tough choices it requires. Why do you think she's had so many consistent budget problems? The McNamara greasing model leads to high costs and she's afraid to offend by making cuts or increasing taxes.

To her credit, she really does try and her legal background and impressive grades made her a very good AG. I would have loved to see her stay at that job. Putting your finger in the air is good if your an AG who's protecting the public.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3