Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If anyone can upload a pic, those of us not in the area would be thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Turn it into a botique hotel?
    It would be a huge hit! "Spend the night overnight in a JAIL CELL." I know it sounds weird, but after watching the Travel Channel and HGTV, today's travelers are looking for interesting and unique experiences.

Default Liberty Hotel in Boston - a former jail

The Liberty Hotel in Boston is just that! www.libertyhotel.com. I'm hoping that 1300 Beaubien will become a hotel/condos.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Building a new temporary home of the Wayne County Sheriff.
    Technically, they didn't build it. They just rehabbed an existing building. Albeit much work did go into that project. I'll see in person tomorrow when I drop off our payroll info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What to do of the old Wayne County Jail?
    I'm pretty sure the plan is to demolish the two jail buildings downtown. The demo on the old sheriff administration office is supposed to start this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2