Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

These pups are so lucky to have you!!!!!

Flint River. No byproducts; totally healthy; poop turns to ashes almost overnight; order it on-line and UPS brings to your door.

Candidae or Earthborn Holistic - I like Candidae the best, but it's getting hard to find, except for a pet food store on Woodward in Birmingham, but they want a fortune for it - My last two dogs died of cancer and I've been suspecting the dog food - The two foods I've mentioned are without any preservatives and etc. - After my white German Shepherd Nick died February 12, 2010, I got Teddy, a white & black spotted pit-mix, who looks and acts just like Petey in the Little Rascal's [[people even drive by when I walk him and yell "Petey!") - Teddy was found tied to a stop sign in the D, and then found himself bouncing around from crack house to crack house in Inkster before I got him from a rescue organization - I've had Ted for about 1 1/2 years and he's been a great dog.
    Last edited by Jingles in Boofland; September-26-11 at 04:31 PM.

My dog eats raw -- Nature's Variety frozen. Also have the Nature's Variety Instinct dry in the bowl most of the time. Very happy with it.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/instinctraw

In regard to dog food, I used to frequent a pet food store on 14 Mile near Crooks until it closed a few months ago - After the store closed, they sold their customer list to another pet store in the shopping center at 13 & Southfield - I received a marketing letter from the new store offering me a FREE 35lb. bag of Canidae dog food [[a $36+ freebie) just by coming into the store to claim it - I did - They are my new favorite pet food store - Oh, and their regular price for the premium food I buy for Ted is almost $10 cheaper than anywhere else - I'll be riding that wave until they come to their senses.

Jingles, I shop at Premier Pet Supply, too, and they help support the Almost Home shelter where I got my dog. Great store!

Thank you Gazhekwe, I forgot the name of the store, as you could tell! I got my dog from Paws to Rescue, and yes it is an excellent store; hope to see you there sometime!

Name:  carly-in-pool.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  41.9 KB

We had to put our beloved lab Carly down yesterday. She had a mast cell tumor that became unmanageable in a short 2 months. We had a great 11 1/2 years with her. I know a lot of you on here have been through this and and share our grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Name:  carly-in-pool.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  41.9 KB

We had to put our beloved lab Carly down yesterday. She had a mast cell tumor that became unmanageable in a short 2 months. We had a great 11 1/2 years with her. I know a lot of you on here have been through this and and share our grief.
    My condolences. Having been there, I know what a painful experience it is. When I have had to do that, I have tried to take some comfort in the fact that the pets we are guardians for trust us to make the right decision at the right time. Every time I read the "rainbow bridge" I get all teary eyed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is the worst of having and loving our pets, they are with us such a short time, and it is so hard to let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Emil View Post
    Dog food. I feed my dog dog food. You know why? Because she's a fucking dog. Specifically, Meijer brand kibbles because that's what she likes. My wife on the other hand, feeds her nightly table scraps on top of her dog food.
    Just because she is a dog doesn't mean that you should feed her junk. Meijer brand dog food is not food fit for any living creature. It's junk. If you don't want to care for your dog, then maybe you shouldn't have one. If you can afford buying a higher quality food, you probably should stop feeding her that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Just because she is a dog doesn't mean that you should feed her junk. Meijer brand dog food is not food fit for any living creature. It's junk. If you don't want to care for your dog, then maybe you shouldn't have one. If you can afford buying a higher quality food, you probably should stop feeding her that stuff.
    Sounded more like he had an issue with his wife.

One thing to note is that the garbage he is feeding his dog ends up all over his lawn.

Good food means less waste on your lawn as Jefsnafu pointed out.

Wellness Simple Solutions. One carbohydrate source + one protein = less scratching/stomach upset. As stated above, the added bonus of feeding a good dog food is less filler crap = less dog crap in your yard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2