Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Doesn't he own Niki's?
    No, Dennis Kefallinos owns Niki's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I go to Rub BBQ now and then. They will no longer receive my business, as long as they make money off mayhem.
    Wow I didn't know he owned the whole building....I am a regular at Rub....next time I go in I'll give them the business...I don't think he realizes that LAX is hurting his business too....but he will soon.

Default reply

Why attend a club in which you have to go through all kinds of security, getting frisked by menacing security guards, and having to worry about scuffing a man-childs shoes or fights breaking out over a clubber not saying excuse me with the 'right' tone of voice? Doesn't the overall negative vibe bring you down in that sort of club? What a HORRIBLE experience! And stop with the political correct denial downplaying that those behaviours and occurances 'happen everywhere'...clubs in other cities aren't surrounded by crushing poverty......

So, how did things go outside of LAX this past Friday, July 29, 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    So, how did things go outside of LAX this past Friday, July 29, 2011?
    It probably wasn't a hotbed of civility and courtesy.I would be willing to bet it was a pretentious,testosterone driven evening, with a lot of anger, and anxiety..with a dash of rudeness and racism.

Eventually the DPD will get the management of these areas down to a pretty good system. The bar and club district near where I lived used to have a ton of problems. Eventually they had 2 paddywagons and two patrol cars parked out along the street and worked closely with the bouncers at the establishments to remove patrons that were being unruly. When people acted out of hand, they were warned or arrested and put in the wagon. They recouped all their costs through citations which ranged from $100-$1000. Eventually things calmed down and they were able to cut the police force in half.

I think the biggest thing that helped was closing down the street to traffic. It prevented a mess of traffic congestion and also kept the sidewalks from getting too crowded. When sidewalks get too crowded and people are intoxicated, fights break out. So allowing everyone to spread out into the street reduced this problem to almost zero.
    Last edited by wolverine; July-30-11 at 02:13 PM.

agrahlma Guest

Mandee’s appears to be shutting down – finally! Moving vans have been out there for the past three nights!
    Last edited by agrahlma; September-09-11 at 06:57 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5