Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Looking for people who worked at Fisher Body Plant 21 [[Piquette Avenue) 1970-76

I am researching Cadillac Fleetwood 75 manufacturing for an antique car club. Hoping to correspond with UAW Local 22 or salaried employees of Plant 21 to get details of manufacturing processes, order of assembly, materials shortages, temporary markings on the bodies, unusual car bodies seen, and other goings on for any part of the period 1970-76.

I worked at a Cadillac dealership 1975-79. Washed a lot of Cadillacs then!

Sorry, no direct info on Plant 21, but I did visit the Ford Piquette plant at 461 Piquette - very near plant 21 - last weekend and they had a nice looking 1953 [[guessing on the year, but has to be within a year or two) Cadillac flower car in the parking lot with the Swanson emblem on the door. I forgot to ask them why it was there. The Piquette plant tour guides seem very knowledgable about the neighborhood/history and may be able to give you some leads. The plant tour is most definitely worth the trip if you have any interest in Detroit auto industry history.
    Last edited by Orthophonic; July-12-11 at 11:51 AM. Reason: correction