Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I don't think its sad, just reality. Why would I drive from a suburb to go into a big/confusing building downtown to shop. Seems counter-productive. As much as I loath Chicago they have it right. Independent storefronts on Mich Ave allow you to see buildings like the Tribune tower and Wrigley building. Seeing the downtown is half the reason for the trip for most suburbanites and tourists. I hate circle center mall [[big box mall downtown) in Indy. Everyone is inside moving from store to store, rather than outside on the street. Dont get me wrong I'd take it in Detroit but I'd feel as if Detroit "settled"... Cincy has a cool little retail area anchored by the Macy's store build out off their headquarters. Cincy and Detroit are a little alike downtown, stuff going on and some residents but mostly a Mon-Fri downtown...If your in Cinci do yourself a favor and go up to the observation deck on the Historic deco Carew Tower. Great Views!

Walking by the urban garden site and American Coney, saw this parked out on the corner... got a quick snap before it pulled away. Not sure/didn't know it was open?? Neat notheless.
    Name:  IMAG0473.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  79.7 KB

WoW! I like..But why have shuttle, shouldn't we push toward more foot traffic on Woodward. People are so lazy! That's why I love Chicago's Michigan Av Shopping district, its fun to "walk"/ window shop and look at the beautiful architecture. We need a different approach..

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    Walking by the urban garden site and American Coney, saw this parked out on the corner... got a quick snap before it pulled away. Not sure/didn't know it was open?? Neat notheless.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    WoW! I like..But why have shuttle, shouldn't we push toward more foot traffic on Woodward. People are so lazy! That's why I love Chicago's Michigan Av Shopping district, its fun to "walk"/ window shop and look at the beautiful architecture. We need a different approach..
    You nailed it. People are lazy, or scared. Also one other thing is people might not have the time they need on their lunch hour to do as much shopping as they wanted if they had to walk there.

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    Wow nice ride! I want to be shuttled!

Don't see what you like...we will shuttle you out to Somerset!

Did you ever make it to the urban garden? How is it coming? Pics? I will be there August 19 to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    Then they will shuttle me back. I am too tall to shop at Somerset. I just go to Dillards in Toledo a couple of times a year. Makes my life a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    To that end, CityLoft aims to become a hit with shoppers. Next week, it'll pass out discount cards to downtown workers. And, once it opens, it'll send Cadillac Escalades to office buildings to shuttle shoppers.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...Detroit-1-week

Will there be a nice exterior sign or something..? Billboards of what type of retail is located in the Somerset Collections CityLofts.

I was thinking that the 1001 Woodward wall would make an awesome space for CityLoft advertisements. Just have a big arrow that says "SHOP HERE."

Yeah that will be cool, but we also need something along the route that is attracted enough to create more foot traffic. I would of preferred using the W.Woodward storefronts instead using inside of a small space with purple walls. I rather see the street scene while I'm shopping. That what makes it cool to shop at on weekends, we need a different approach. Hopefully that will change and they consider expanding from Campus Martius to GCP.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    I was thinking that the 1001 Woodward wall would make an awesome space for CityLoft advertisements. Just have a big arrow that says "SHOP HERE."

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Yeah that will be cool, but we also need something along the route that is attracted enough to create more foot traffic. I would of preferred using the W.Woodward storefronts instead using inside of a small space with purple walls. I rather see the street scene while I'm shopping. That what makes it cool to shop at on weekends, we need a different approach. Hopefully that will change and they consider expanding from Campus Martius to GCP.
    I know what you mean. I sort of think that wouldn't happen until more people start living Downtown or when there's a lot of people down there for any events like the Tiger's game or something. And until the M1 rail gets up and going, everyone will probably stick to their cars.

It'll be slow, but it'll happen as long as Somerset doesn't bail out and ditch the opportunity.

Yeah I understand that, hopefully more will follow. Signs are looking real good for downtown. Imagine Detroit in 5 years or less, I know it will be amazing! Looking forward to it, hope everyone feels the same. Watch how retail start popping up due to this recent development. Some retail that said they never set-up in Detroit, bet they have second thoughts now. It's sad that it takes all this to get a simple retail shop here in city. Kudos to who's retail decided to take a chance, fuck others who doubted us.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    I know what you mean. I sort of think that wouldn't happen until more people start living Downtown or when there's a lot of people down there for any events like the Tiger's game or something. And until the M1 rail gets up and going, everyone will probably stick to their cars.

It'll be slow, but it'll happen as long as Somerset doesn't bail out and ditch the opportunity.

Could there grand opening bullshit be any more annoying? Thanks for inviting or even warning the residence's who have to put up with the crap. Great, now there playing shitty ass fucking music as I type this out! I was hoping to relax and watch a movie tonight, fuct that idea..

Hope this store falls flat!! I do not need there shit.. I need a place to get a cheap socks, maybe a shirt, and heaven forbid some underwear... Maybe even a place to get some good dog food, but that is asking for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckr View Post
    Could there grand opening bullshit be any more annoying? Thanks for inviting or even warning the residence's who have to put up with the crap. Great, now there playing shitty ass fucking music as I type this out! I was hoping to relax and watch a movie tonight, fuct that idea..

Hope this store falls flat!! I do not need there shit.. I need a place to get a cheap socks, maybe a shirt, and heaven forbid some underwear... Maybe even a place to get some good dog food, but that is asking for too much.
    I guess that's what foam earplugs or headphones are for.

I need a place to get a cheap socks, maybe a shirt, and heaven forbid some underwear... Maybe even a place to get some good dog food, but that is asking for too much.
    Then become an entrepreneur, maybe?

^LOL

You sound like a cranky suburbanite.

Whatever your thoughts on the overall project, the scene on Woodward between Clifford and Grand River was kind of Dickensian tonight. Lots of cops and barriers keeping the Woodward regulars to the sidelines, where they watched suburbanites celebrate downtown. "Let's give it up for the streets of Detroit," gushed the emcee of the fashion show.

agrahlma Guest

You moved to the city for peace and quiet?

I drove by on my way home tonight, and thought it was amazing. I agree with above...if you don't want noise, why do you live in the MIDDLE of the city? I think it's great for downtown and welcome anyone who wants to spend money here

Oooooooooh, The North Face: Gear for people who like to look outdoorsy but have never seen a mountain in their life!

Did you guys see the new Cityloft commercial? Pretty neat.

LOL This is why I've always said Detroit needs to start off with something simple like a Family Dollar that actually sells stuff people need!

Dollar stores and check cashing establishments, the true sign of neighborhood revival.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    LOL This is why I've always said Detroit needs to start off with something simple like a Family Dollar that actually sells stuff people need!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast