Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    muskie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Can you see the races/airshow from the Riverwalk, or is it too far down? Also, what will traffic be like on Jefferson?
    I don't know if you can see much from there but you would surely see the F-18 demo, just not the low passes. Best spots would be from Belle Isle bridge to the Roostertail. As far as traffic on Jefferson it is not bad. Back in the 60's-90' era the races drew probably 10 times the people they do now, I don't think traffic is any worse than a normal weekday.

We did the segway tour last fall and had a riot. It took about an hour and covered the river walk, Tiger Stadium, ren cen, greek town and other places with a stop to go inside the Guardian Bldg. They will do the tour if it is raining lightly. Cost is $65.00 per head and I think they limit the groups to 10 or less. We were fortunate to be the only 2 on our tour. I'd do it again.

Do the Diamond Jack river cruise. Both Detroit and Windsor look great from the boat.
    If it's not available because of the Gold cup, take them to Wyandotte and do the down river cruise. It is just as informative.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy mimi View Post
    We did the segway tour last fall and had a riot. It took about an hour and covered the river walk, Tiger Stadium, ren cen, greek town and other places with a stop to go inside the Guardian Bldg. They will do the tour if it is raining lightly. Cost is $65.00 per head and I think they limit the groups to 10 or less. We were fortunate to be the only 2 on our tour. I'd do it again.
    My jaw dropped when you mentioned $65 per person for a 1 hour tour [[since Preservation Wayne's largest tour Downtown Movie Palaces is 4 1/2 hours with lunch provided at the Detroit Opera House for only $30 all inclusive)... but those "segways" are those 2 wheelers that take you around without walking much.... gotcha... They must really haul ass when the tour is only 1 hour..... LOL...

Belle Isle and the Heidelberg while your in the area. Take them by the Packard if you have a couple of minutes. Riverwalk is nice, but if they want Detroit take them for a beer at the Miami.

If you need directions just stop and ask. Fuck a being a suburbanite pussy.

Asians love hot dogs. They don't have them in the orient. Visits to Lafyette and American, will go over big.

OK, ended up with one, not two visitors. Less time available overall than I wanted, but what's new? Also had a few kids in tow, just to provide the wild card factor. First stop, coney. A good success, even though my Chinese visitor didn't go for the coney itself, instead went for the grilled chicken pita and apparently enjoyed it. A good crowd mix - the nun and friends table, multi-racial/multi-lingual tables, only a few empties. We only spilled one full drink on the table. Then to Piquette plant - my visitor took lots of photos, so clearly a good choice. Unfortunately the tour guide spoke very quickly, even for my American ears, so I don't think a lot got through. Kids liked sitting in the 1916 Model T but that's about all they really liked except for the Henry Ford desk w/old style telephone. Last stop [[unfortunately, because I needed more time for this) was the Guardian building. Another good choice resulting in many interior/exterior photos. We couldn't get into the upper lobby section but were able to get some photos of it at least. Lots of photos of the downtown architecture as well. Everybody we encountered was friendly. Great day but just need more time next time! Thx to all for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2