Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ugh. Sigh. I would be SO sorry to see them go. Broadway just WOULDN'T be as lively without them.*rolls eyes*
    Well, hey, pretty soon it'll be another empty storefront..rotting and empty...so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Downtown is becoming increasingly desolate. I can't remember when it has been this bad. I mean, we got that bail bondsman...
    Downtown does not seem desolate to me. It seems less desolate today than it was a few years ago, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Well, hey, pretty soon it'll be another empty storefront..rotting and empty...so there's that.
    You can make money with that location. If it's not Small Plates, it will become something else.

I think maybe some people feel downtown is desolate, but there are always businesses opening and closing. It's just that there is no center even in our downtown, except maybe small strips like Greektown, or the Cliff Bell's-Park axis. We just cannot seem to get that critical mass in strategic areas. Oh, well. I don't mind doing it old-fashioned style, hunting and pecking for the great little spots. It would do a great deal for perception, however, to have something like a dining district...

I just noticed that Small Plates is listed on today's Groupon as the deal of the day.

http://www.groupon.com/detroit/

bought mine..did this before too

thier calamari [[sp?) is yummy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2