Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Paging Ray1936, et al, tponetom

RAY:
    Re: "By the way, what is a "Tag"?

This is in reply to your reply, Post # 120) on my post Post # 17, April 28, ‘09 .

It's a game we used to play before 'puters and all this electronic jazz. Someone was "it", and had to "Tag" someone else so he/she was no longer "it". Being "it" was a curse. Not being "it" meant you could just run with the wind and not have to chase anybody.
    Tp: Here are the rules for Tag.

Rule 1: You are either it or you are not it.
    Rule 2: If you are neither of the above, no rules apply to you.
    Rule 3: There are no other rules.
    Wonder how many of the younger dy'rs never played Tag????

I am referring, of course, to your description of the rules that govern the game of TAG! I was fascinated, nay, mesmerized by the potential spin-offs that could be adapted to that game without altering any of the primary rules, which of course would be sacrosanct.

I have to confess that my pals and I were always looking for some new forms of recreational pursuits because most of the old ones got to be a bore.

The rules of TAG were far to complicated to comprehend.

So we were stuck with the same old, same old stand-bys, like "3 Dimensional Chess or even 4 Dimensional Chess even though we did not have an Atomic Clock at that time. [[We worked out the Time Dimension gambit in our heads.
    When we became extremely desperate we would play "20 Questions On Quantum Theory." That too, became a "yawn" as well.

Tackling the game of "TAG" was well beyond our physical and mental abilities. We thought we had to "TACKLE" another guy and hang the onus of "IT" on him!

So what brought on the absurdity of this 'post'?

Even as I am typing this, I have five pages of hand written, gestating notes that keep on reproducing. [[Notes, that is.)

Notes like: "From Detroit to Oblivion, from Gold to Pyrite."
    Bur not quite.
    There might well be an alchemist who can stir up a mixture that will make Detroit glitter and glow again.

The singular 'note' that perplexed me, was one word, "gool," like in drool.
    To wit: "Here I come, ready or not, all around "gool" is IT!
    That phrase has been scratching at the door of my brain cellar for 75 years or so. What did we mean when we said, "GOOL."
    The manifestation came a few nights ago when I was watching a re-run of "Leave It to Beaver." The key word here, is, "IT!" During that episode, either Beaver or Tony Dow said something about having a "GOAL" in life.
    The faint scratching at the cellar door, engendered a cataclysmic explosion of understanding and definition: [ALL AROUND "GOAL" IS IT!]

Not 'gool,' Jackass,! I said to myself.

I think I will get a few of my octogenarian friends to play a game of TAG. We have a rather large walk-in closet that can be used as a venue. Someone is bound to fall down and become,,,,,,,IT!

Note: That cellar door thing? Sometimes my brains are in my feet!

It has been a good week, so far. The Red Wings will keep it going.
    Last edited by Lowell; May-31-09 at 10:09 AM.