Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Lorax Guest

Default Alberto Gonzales Authorized Torture: NBC

This just in: Alberto Gonzales, as George Bush's personal attorney, before becoming Attorney General of the United States, personally authorized waterboarding and other "enhanced interrogation" techniques BEFORE they were allowed to be enacted by the CIA, hiring a contractor named James Mitchell to carry out torture on Abu Zabaeda, thus becoming the de facto policy of the Bush Administration in 2002, months before anyone in congress including Nancy Pelosi were even aware of it.

Proving what was a well-known secret all along, that the executive branch had Alberto Gonzales as a counsel to the president, clairify the new definition of torture, or "enhanced interrogation" as "up to and including organ failure" and waterboarding as "controlled drowning" as the official policy of this government, against our laws, and in direct violation of the US Constitution.

Source: NBC news./ Ari Shapiro for NPR
    Last edited by Lorax; May-21-09 at 08:45 PM.

Neo-cons wont be talking about this, since they wont hear it on FauxNews, or any of the other ditto head shows, which is their only outlet for news.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; May-21-09 at 10:34 PM.

As of this moment, nor cnn nor nbc nor pbs nor bbc . . . We're you listening to "America Now"? America is responsible for this, America is responsible for that. Everytime I hear it, it reminds me of Radio Free Hanoi.

Thats a great argument for listening to NPR. You get the facts, no spin.

Sounds like a crime worth prosecuting. Does Attorney General Holder plan to prosecute or does the admistration intend to become complicit by looking the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Thats a great argument for listening to NPR. You get the facts, no spin.
    I personally don't think there's any spin put on by NPR but for the people that disagree or want to spin it in their own way, they think NPR is a mouthpiece for the left.

I miss the days when there was something akin to a neutral trusted news source. I think NPR comes close but again, someone's liable to disagree with me.

I generally see NPR as a solid neutral news source, but "America Now" is an exception. That wasn't really my point.

My point was that I can't find a single reliable link to confirm this story, not even on NPR itself. It was a criticism on how some people just write things as fact without actually making the effort to prove they know what they're talking about. Some people on here mention a story or fact that others can't read or hear and then claim a nonresponse as some sort of victory. Post a link so everyone can see what you're talking about for crying out loud. It is possible Lorax misunderstood the entire report.

ccbatson Guest

Guys...Pelosi/congress can't be briefed before something happens, can they?

Lorax Guest

I did post the reference, guess you can't read.

And, yes, NBC carried it on all of their affiliated stations, I WATCHED IT MYSELF ON MSNBC. AND I SAW IT ON OUR NBC LOCAL AFFILIATE. Guess you need boldface type to see it.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Guys...Pelosi/congress can't be briefed before something happens, can they?
    My point exactly, Pelosi was briefed on what may happen, and at that time they were already torturing people.

ccbatson Guest

No, she was briefed about legality and what had been done...it was at least 2 separate occasions.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    No, she was briefed about legality and what had been done...it was at least 2 separate occasions.

Wrong again, Batts.

Briefed once, and only on what may take place, and that the legality was begin looked into. And it was months after torture was already taking place. What's so hard about understanding this? It's been laid out there dozens of times, is your memory that short, or do you just want to believe lies?

ccbatson Guest

We know, and she [[Pelosi) admits and describes [[until she decided to plead the fifth on Friday) at least 3 briefings on the subject.

ccbatson Guest

Remember, collectivist statists only oppose wars and atrocities [[particularly anti liberty oppresive policies) if they are not of their own design.