I must be missing something as I was not aware that T-Mobile was a "Black" thing.

I started cellular service in 1992 with Bellsouth [[owned by ATT) three years later I switched to Cingular wireless also owned by ATT now am just ATT after they dropped the brand names under the umbrella.

I have had problems with costumer service but nothing that was never resolved and others that were resolved that by rights they had no legal reason to resolve.

In 2004 when the hurricanes came through Orlando Fla my ATT service was the only one that worked so people could contact their relatives across the country to let them know they were okay.I had over $7000 in minute overages when ATT found out through a local news broadcast they cleared the overages.

Same situation after Katrina in Mississippi and Louisiana.

There will always be a market for low budget cellular service and there will always be someone there to fill it ,there is a free 200 minute a month service,Metro PCS in the south is a huge low cost service that rivals T-Mobile by far and as anybody can buy large chunks of air time wholesale and provide service at a reduced cost so if there is a need and money can be made on it somebody will be there.

Technology is expensive and only the large companies that have a base can absorb the costs even that trickles down Metro PCS offers everything the big guys offer for a flat rate of $40 per month.

There is a new type of high power wireless being implemented across the country that will double currant speeds and capacity and even reach distant rural locations that in its self will open up the door for more competition.

Even with deposits when starting service .

T-mobile $500 IF you do not have good credit.
Sprint $500 but it is owned by Verizon anyways .
Verizon $500 IF you do not have good credit.

But it is like everything else you use what you can afford and there are lots out there that talk on their cell phone while taxpayers cover their living expenses.

A cell phone is not a right it is a service provided ,we have a right to use it or not
just like anything else.