Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Matthew Moroun is a Stand Up Kinda Guy

And I mean COMEDIC. Really. He should take his act to Ridley's Comedy Castle instead of the State Legislature.

Here's a nice peek from the Freep article:

“Let free enterprise work. It’s worked for 83 years, and there’s no reason to get the government involved,” said Matthew Moroun, whose company is fighting a state plan to build a second bridge south of the Ambassador Bridge jointly with the Canadian government.
    IF what he thinks his father did to achieve his fortune was because of FREE ENTERPRISE, then he must be joking.

Of course they don't want the government involved...LOL. Especially a Canadian one that wants to foot the construction bill for the competing span to his daddy's.

What a complete crock of bullshit. I'd go further, but I feel it would be piling on with this lame-brain rich kid trying desperately to maintain the family monopoly.

Oh wait. I lie. There IS one juicy morsel I simply cannot pass on:

The Moroun family argues a second, state-owned bridge would unfairly compete with the Ambassador Bridge or twin span the company wants to build next to it. Matthew Moroun said it already competes for U.S.-Canada traffic with the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron and the Detroit-Windsor tunnel.
    Uh-huh. ALL the truckers want to drive all the way to Port Huron to avoid their bridge and the relatively quick access to the 401 in Canada. And, of course, they can ALL use the tunnel...right?! Nope, only cars there.

Where's your love of free enterprise NOW, Matthew?! LET them build the competition, and may the best one win. Go play tennis with yourself off that damned illegal beginning of daddy's scheme of a second span.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; June-16-11 at 04:23 PM.