Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post

Nice sign.

I can understand the importance of running somewhere with power to print it out.

But laminating it? So what, it can be preserved for the next time? So that over time, with all the use it will get, it will hold true?

Would it be a stretch to say the city government is "in the dark?"
    What I'm guessing happened is:
    Hourly city employee was sent to FedEx Kinkos to have them design, create, print, and laminate aforementioned sign.
    That, and the employee's mileage were then charged to the City of Detroit's expense account.

Nice sign.

I can understand the importance of running somewhere with power to print it out.

But laminating it? So what, it can be preserved for the next time? So that over time, with all the use it will get, it will hold true?

Would it be a stretch to say the city government is "in the dark?"
    Lighten up [[no pun intended). So a city worker delivers a professional, laminated sign. That's just competence in my book. Good for them. Give them a raise. We need more quality from city hall here.

LOL! Well there's always profit to someone during a crisis. Lots of OT pay as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    What I'm guessing happened is:
    Hourly city employee was sent to FedEx Kinkos to have them design, create, print, and laminate aforementioned sign.
    That, and the employee's mileage were then charged to the City of Detroit's expense account.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Lighten up [[no pun intended). So a city worker delivers a professional, laminated sign. That's just competence in my book. Good for them. Give them a raise. We need more quality from city hall here.
    Then they obviously failed, as what we really needed was a chiseled granite block with gold foil lettering!

No! Then the scrappers would come along and steal that. Best it be laminated paper of no value------!
    Then they obviously failed, as what we really needed was a chiseled granite block with gold foil lettering!

Don't worry. That's likely what the city paid for.

I think all ya'll [[sorry, I been watching Treme' ya'll) are looking at this situation all wrong.
    [[word for the day:ALL) This is a conspiracy theorists dream come true. Everyone knows the city
    hasn't been paying it's bills [[see: AT&T). This is just another incident of that problem. The downage
    was a planned glitch to warn Detroit/Mayor Bing of the impending doom which the City faces
    if the 'powers that be' don't play ball. Karen Dumas couldn't convince a flea that she's telling the
    truth about any given subject. She's just not a very good spokesperson...kinda like
    that Sharon McPhail[[ed) and her believability when she opened her mouth, back
    in the days of the KK administration. Very intelligent people that aren't very good
    liars.
    OR...maybe this was a grand opportunity for hackers to infiltrate the 'system'
    while the grid was down [[hey, even with 'no electricity' these people can do ?)....
    ...in order to remove information relating to the TAMARA GREENE case.
    If ALL the correct info. was ever brought to light, God only knows how many heads
    would roll, and WHO. This could potentially bring down the whole City Of Detroit!!
    ...I told you this was a conspiracy theorists dream come true...POWWWW!!!!!!

Report sees few options to fix Detroit lights: Overhaul costly; sale requires vote

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ul-costly-sale

[[Google "Report sees few options to fix Detroit lights: Overhaul costly; sale requires vote" and click on the first link to view the full article)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3