I am a Detroit native, but have been living in Florida for many years. My wife and our two teenage daughters are planning a trip to Detroit later this month to see the play "Ernie" and attend a Tigers game. I have reservations at the Atheneum Hotel in Greektown. My question is whether it is safe for us to walk or take the people mover to the Foxtown/Comerica park area, especially in the evening after the performance of Ernie? When I ask whether this is safe or not, I guess I am really asking two questions. First, is it--in fact--reasonably safe for a family of four to walk around this part of downtown at 9:30 or 10:00 in the evening? Second, assuming it is reasonably safe, will out of town visitors FEEL safe walking in this area in the evening? For example, if the buildings are mostly boarded up and the streets deserted, I honestly won't feel comfortable walking around with my family---even if the statistics indicate that there is no real danger. The Tigers have a night game at home at the same time we are going to the theater, so I am hoping that there will be lots of other folks around which should make us feel more comfortable, but I am still a little concerned. Also, are cabs generally available in this area? I want to take my family to the Roma restaurant, but I know this is too far to walk. Thanks for any help forum members can provide.