Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    How many jobs have you created gp?
    As a result of the tax cuts I received, or otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    As a result of the tax cuts I received, or otherwise?
    If you pay taxes - both.

Mikeg: "It's the economy, stupid" and Obama remains stuck on stupid.
    The Republicans who still swallow the rightwing swill that tax cuts for the rich create jobs are stuck on stupid. You know the definition of craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    The Republicans who still swallow the rightwing swill that tax cuts for the rich create jobs are stuck on stupid. You know the definition of craziness.
    You cannot get more stupid than somebody that flushed $1Trillion of our money down the toilet on "shovel ready jobs" that didn't exist. Now that's STUPID beyond belief.
    Last edited by coracle; June-16-11 at 06:58 AM.

You cannot get more stupid than somebody that flushed $1Trillion of our money down the toilet on "shovel ready jobs" that didn't exist. Now that's STUPID beyond belief.
    It was $800 billion, not $1 trillion. But what's a 25% difference? Pshaw!

About 40% of the $800 billion was tax cuts, which could be why the stimulus did not have as big an effect as hoped. The bulk of the rest was aid to states for education, public safety, and unemployment insurance.

Any of the money spent on real, actual infrastructure projects, in my opinion, is a terrific investment. We SHOULD be making MORE capital improvements while interest rates are at record lows. Alas, the "business-friendly" GOP/Tea Party cabal in the House has no fucking clue how to do math.

How many jobs have you created gp?
    Unless you know that GP is in the top 1% of income in the U.S., that is a stupid question.

Obama's got "better stuff to do"..........

.....like personally "Tweeting" so that he can better "engage with the American people", according to one of his staffers.

This begs the question, "Can this Presidency be Saved?"

Very doubtful. He thinks he is still 'community organizing' not that the alternatives are that great either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Obama's got "better stuff to do"..........

.....like personally "Tweeting" so that he can better "engage with the American people", according to one of his staffers.

This begs the question, "Can this Presidency be Saved?"

Obama's got "better stuff to do".......

...... and Rep. James Clyburn [[D-SC) agrees. When questioned why President Obama shouldn't be more involved in the the stalled debt ceiling talks with Congressional leaders, he responded that

“We can’t have the President sitting in these meetings, three and four hours every day, when all of these other things are happening around the world. The president has much more to do with his time, and that’s why you have a Vice President.”
    Clyburn failed to mention what he thinks the President's higher priorities are, but maybe they involve Whoopie Goldberg?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Obama's got "better stuff to do".......

...... and Rep. James Clyburn [[D-SC) agrees. When questioned why President Obama shouldn't be more involved in the the stalled debt ceiling talks with Congressional leaders, he responded that

Clyburn failed to mention what he thinks the President's higher priorities are, but maybe they involve Whoopie Goldberg?
    So you think the best use of the President's time is to sit at a table and watch Eric McPissyPants Cantor storm out of the room because he can't do basic math?

So you think the best use of the President's time is to sit at a table and watch Eric McPissyPants Cantor storm out of the room because he can't do basic math?
    You are right. He could be out counting the number of States in the Union, or visiting his Corpsemen, or looking for his shovel ready jobs, or checking what year he's in, or whatever. Maybe it's time for his next vacation or a few rounds of golf.

You are right. He could be out counting the number of States in the Union, or visiting his Corpsemen, or looking for his shovel ready jobs, or checking what year he's in, or whatever. Maybe it's time for his next vacation or a few rounds of golf.
    Naw ! the best thing for him to do is to figure out what his agenda will be after he gets re-elected in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Naw ! the best thing for him to do is to figure out what his agenda will be after he gets re-elected in 2012
    Congratulations. To be able to type your thoughts with your head in that embarrassing position is quite an accomplishment

It's finally here!

Name:  OBUMMER.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  49.0 KB

^^^^ Well it looks fuel efficient and green enough! ROTFL! Just the prototype! Joy!

So if I take it to a tea bagger convention it should run for weeks without a re-fill. Easy on the pocket book too !

Just don't get into an accident with those of us still driving those 'gas guzzlin' bit-o-steel, subcompact four-cylinder jobs [[US or foreign made). LOL ---- !!

There's a lot of folks I know and work with that voted for Obama the first time that aren't doing it again. Most of them are actually wishing Hillary would run against him, but I'm fairly certain Obama will be unchallenged.

Thier biggest gripes with him are:
    * out of control Government spending
    * broken promises
    * wars weren't drawn down/ended fast enough
    [[he was supposed to be the "peace" guy, McCain was supposed to be the "war" guy)
    * GITMO is still open
    * A BIG ONE IM HEARING IS: The old folks were told the evil Republicans were going to cut Social Security and Medicaid if McCain won, so they voted for Obama. Now the Social Security folks are having thier benefits cut and no annual increases. They [[all the retired people I know that are living primarily off SS) are really steamed about that.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

as a sidenote, these folks I'm talking about are all Democrats. Including my own father.

lit joe Guest

Timothy leary used to be the king of LSD. Has been replaced by Timothy G. & B rocko.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    There's a lot of folks I know and work with that voted for Obama the first time that aren't doing it again. Most of them are actually wishing Hillary would run against him, but I'm fairly certain Obama will be unchallenged.

Thier biggest gripes with him are:
    * out of control Government spending
    * broken promises
    * wars weren't drawn down/ended fast enough
    [[he was supposed to be the "peace" guy, McCain was supposed to be the "war" guy)
    * GITMO is still open
    * A BIG ONE IM HEARING IS: The old folks were told the evil Republicans were going to cut Social Security and Medicaid if McCain won, so they voted for Obama. Now the Social Security folks are having thier benefits cut and no annual increases. They [[all the retired people I know that are living primarily off SS) are really steamed about that.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

as a sidenote, these folks I'm talking about are all Democrats. Including my own father.

Again you failed to add context and perspective to your post.

Politifact stated in terms of the presidents promises broken

" When he could act on his own with executive authority, he was often successful. It was harder for him to fulfill promises that required approval from Congress, especially after Republicans gained control of the House of Representatives in the last election"

You then listed the promises broken which was around 40 but you don't state that there are somewhere around 4 to 5 times that amount of promises that aren't broken.

If you look on the same web site and review the top 25 Obama promises approx 5 were broken

I know you want to make it seem like he's breaking promises left and right but the facts don't bear that out.

In reality most of the promises he has not kept have been due to a lack of a super majority the first two years[[60 votes in Senate) and a Repub controlled House these last two.

The Dem's will huff and puff but don't expect to see a primary challenge to Obama.

The Repubs will tell you that they want Obama out, but what I think they are really trying to do is win both the House and Senate in 2012. They know that they don't have a mainstream candidate who can beat Obama. But if they can control Congress, they can short circuit anything Obama wants to do and since they don't have to actually govern, they can set themselves up perfectly for 2016 to win the WH.
    Last edited by firstandten; August-04-11 at 01:15 PM.

Whatever respect I had for you, has now gone out the window. Sorry mikeg, gone. And the history with me.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-04-11 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Whatever respect I had for you, has now gone out the window. Sorry mikeg, gone. And the history with me.
    What did I write that offended you? I pointed out that Rep. Clyburn failed to mention what Obama's higher priorities might be and I just offered as a suggestion the fact that Obama was attending a campaign fundraiser that evening in NYC featuring a play that Whoppi Goldberg was producing. Did you not click on the link I provided?

It
    About 40% of the $800 billion was tax cuts, which could be why the stimulus did not have as big an effect as hoped.
    There has never been so much as a correlation between tax cuts and job creation, much less a causal connection

Any of the money spent on real, actual infrastructure projects, in my opinion, is a terrific investment. We SHOULD be making MORE capital improvements while interest rates are at record lows. Alas, the "business-friendly" GOP/Tea Party cabal in the House has no fucking clue how to do math.
    the economy with the best infrastructure wins

the last couple trillion chinese dollars was supposed to make our infrastructure all better... remember the "crumbling roads and bridges" comments by the Prez?

the economy still stinks and so does our infrastructure.
    people are still in foreclosure, and people still don't have jobs or money.
    1 in 7 Americans are on food stamps.

it's all b.s.
    the only change we are getting is the amount of the national debt.
    things are indicating another recession.
    whatever they have been doing isn't working.
    time to make a new strategey because the old one was total fail.

bartock Guest

It was $800 billion, not $1 trillion. But what's a 25% difference? Pshaw!

About 40% of the $800 billion was tax cuts, which could be why the stimulus did not have as big an effect as hoped. The bulk of the rest was aid to states for education, public safety, and unemployment insurance.

...or 20%, but who's counting.

Agree with idea of putting actual money [[like that $800 billion) directly back into the economy via shovel-ready infrastructure projects that actually put people to work, on payrolls, spending money, paying taxes, etc., etc., as opposed to tax cuts and state bail outs, though the latter was apparently needed at the time. Somehow I doubt that the raised debt ceiling will lead to much of that sort of stimulus, though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast