Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post

The moral of the story is that Bing is a weak leader. He had a combination of both lack of desire and lack of ability to come in and clean house or do much of anything.
    He campaigned on desire to clean house and the people bought it and voted for him. I believe the bigger problem is his lack of ability to actually do it. I think that people felt because he is a businessman and ran his own multimillion dollar company the ability would be there. I don't fault the people because thats a reasonable assumption. We need to cut our losses and tell him to figure things out quick otherwise you will be the one-term mayor you campaigned to be.

I don't think it is at all reasonable to assume that because someone ran a multi-million dollar private company they are equipped to run a multi-billion dollar government entity. I guess that is why I am not surprised at how things are turning out.

is the ombudsman's office empowered to do anything in particular? how can the charter change this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2