Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XYZ Gang

rvtwitty Guest

To my buddy's in the XYZ gang I am registered here too. Happy posting.

Retroit Guest

Oh yeah? Well the ABC gang is going to kick your asses!

Here’s an idea for Monica and others regarding COBO. If she is so DEAD SET that she wants people that look like her to get first choice in Jobs at COBO I think that the surrounding communities should DEMAND that all those who do not look like the majority of the population of the city in which they work STEP DOWN and give the look a likes first chance at a job in the City they live, then maybe if there is scrap left over we may toss it your way. I am sorry there is no job for you to go to, I am sorry you may loose your home and that your family may go hungry, [[in America of all things) but you just do not look like me and what’s fair in Detroit should be fair for the surrounding communities that has such a high stake [[sadly now) in Detroit. More so I am SORRY that in today’s society it has come down to this and a so-called official is able to get away with it. Come on Brooks; don’t stop now that Bing is there.

I used to be proud that Detroit was on my birth certificate, now I almost wish I were adopted.

gravitymachine Guest

ok, so i get it, a bunch of angry suburbanites that got kicked off the freep boards or something?

DetroitDad Guest

Kit1007, don't be too extreme. Remember that there was a Black woman claiming to be from the ghetto [[the first of a couple) who was leading a citywide petition to remove Monica Conyers from office.

In that woman's words; "Now the ghetto wants you out too Monica, now what?".

Then there was the Black Detroit radio DJ who Conyers tried to call racist [[against Black people).... I wouldn't be ashamed just yet, I think Detroiters of all races see her for the train wreck that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmaven View Post
    It seems as if the most absurd tales of corruption come from Detroit. I'll bet the elections are fixed so even if someone wanted to clean up the city gov, it just would not happen.
    I couldn't agree with you more on the voting being fixed. Even though the Feds did look into it. And if we are hearing about one case of corruption there has to be 10 more, so to say corruption and crooks in Detroit are rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by kit1007 View Post
    Here’s an idea for Monica and others regarding COBO. If she is so DEAD SET that she wants people that look like her to get first choice in Jobs at COBO I think that the surrounding communities should DEMAND that all those who do not look like the majority of the population of the city in which they work STEP DOWN and give the look a likes first chance at a job in the City they live, then maybe if there is scrap left over we may toss it your way. I am sorry there is no job for you to go to, I am sorry you may loose your home and that your family may go hungry, [[in America of all things) but you just do not look like me and what’s fair in Detroit should be fair for the surrounding communities that has such a high stake [[sadly now) in Detroit. More so I am SORRY that in today’s society it has come down to this and a so-called official is able to get away with it. Come on Brooks; don’t stop now that Bing is there.

I used to be proud that Detroit was on my birth certificate, now I almost wish I were adopted.
    Stop twisting people's words. The City Council was advocating that Detroit residents and Detroit-based businesses get preferential treatment for jobs and contracts. They do this on the basis of the facility being in Detroit and because Detroit has historically received a smaller economic benefit from Cobo in proportion to the amount Detroit has had to invest each year in Cobo.

These are public dollars, not private. I agree that a community should receive proportionate benefit for the dollars that community invests. Detroit, Wayne County, Oakland County and Macomb County should receive benefits in proportion to their investment. Now, of course, you're not going to come up with any formula that will accomplish this perfectly, but a good faith effort should be made to ensure no community is being excluded. That's the true argument, not the simple "people who look like us" argument to which people keeping referring. When a councilmember unwisely talked about not seeing people who looked like her, many people understood she simply meant that if Detroiters were getting their fair share of the jobs and contracts, she would expect to see more minorities there, since Detroit is predominately black. The lack of minority representation, for that councilmember, was evidence Detroit was not getting its fair share.

Whether you agree or not, at least address the right argument, not a conveniently made up argument.

A couple more things: It is now being reported that the unemoloyment rate for African-Americans in Michigan is almost 30%. So, your idea about excluding them from jobs outside of Detroit is what one would call a moot point.

Second, why would you wish you were adopted? Is Detroit listed on your birth certificate as your parent??? That's confusing.

We all know what Monica said and what she means. She is the most racist person whom you seem to agree with and to support her racist idea is just sad. Why is it that people seem to feel they have to attack and try and ridicule others post? What does that prove? You can say all you want but i don't plan on getting in the habit of bickering back and forth like children, I already broke my rule once by even responding to your post. Some of us are just looking for some good adult conversation but there will always be those that have to throw stones.

DetroitDad Guest

Kit1007, there is an "ignore" option on this board which allows you to block that poster from your view. You can add the poster under your "User CP" [[control panel) or click on the person's name and then click "ignore" under the drop down menu labeled "User Lists".

DetroitYES has been around since the late 1990's, so you can imagine that over the years there have been some people who have a sore spot with this board. Then you also have people who don't know how to communicate like big boys and girls. It is the downside of public disscusion that you'll find everywhere. Generally, disruptive people are regularly offensive or disruptive to many of the posters, and so get ignored by a number of posters, fixing the problem without anyone posting a reply and disrupting the conversation.

You can also report a user by clicking on the "!" triangular icon on the name and date bar of whom the post belongs to, if you find what they said extremely offensive.

Now, I wonder who's ignore list I am on, probably all the auto lovers...
    Last edited by DetroitDad; May-27-09 at 07:11 PM.

Thank you DetroitDad. Your post at 7:56 pm yesterday was a polite reply to Kit. I like it here. What I love about message boards is having constructive debates.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Kit1007, there is an "ignore" option on this board which allows you to block that poster from your view. You can add the poster under your "User CP" [[control panel) or click on the person's name and then click "ignore" under the drop down menu labeled "User Lists".

DetroitYES has been around since the late 1990's, so you can imagine that over the years there have been some people who have a sore spot with this board. Then you also have people who don't know how to communicate like big boys and girls. It is the downside of public disscusion that you'll find everywhere. Generally, disruptive people are regularly offensive or disruptive to many of the posters, and so get ignored by a number of posters, fixing the problem without anyone posting a reply and disrupting the conversation.

You can also report a user by clicking on the "!" triangular icon on the name and date bar of whom the post belongs to, if you find what they said extremely offensive.

Now, I wonder who's ignore list I am on, probably all the auto lovers...
    Thanks Detroit Dad, That was very nice of you. Kit

Kit1007, don't be too extreme. Remember that there was a Black woman claiming to be from the ghetto [[the first of a couple) who was leading a citywide petition to remove Monica Conyers from office.

In that woman's words; "Now the ghetto wants you out too Monica, now what?".

Then there was the Black Detroit radio DJ who Conyers tried to call racist [[against Black people).... I wouldn't be ashamed just yet, I think Detroiters of all races see her for the train wreck that she is.
    Again DD [[hope thats OK) you are correct and I need to always keep that in my consciousness , I sometimes get to carried away in the moment SIGH !! Only human. Thanks for the tips on the board buttons . Good to see so many people starting to discuss issues. Thanks Again kit

Does anyone know how to get this forum page to post the most recent at the TOP? Or do youhave to scroll down and work your way up?

rvtwitty Guest

Does anyone know how to get this forum page to post the most recent at the TOP? Or do youhave to scroll down and work your way up?
    I have not figurd out this place yet. As for the others that wonder where the XYZ gang came from, our old forum could be disbanded , the host may have to discontinue due to size limits of use. Someone found this site and thought it would be a good fit. There is a lot of good info here.

DetroitDad Guest

I'm not sure. This forum just recently did a format change, and many of the special options are new to most of us. I do know that under the page displaying the list of topics, you can click on the blue arrow on new topics instead of the topic name, that should bring you to the most recent post. I have gotten into the habit of hitting the "end" key on my keyboard myself [[sometimes you have to click somewhere on the page/box you want to go to the end of first).

We were told by Lowell, the board creator that the new board options are still in the tweaking phase, and new options will be added over time.

I'm not sure. This forum just recently did a format change, and many of the special options are new to most of us. I do know that under the page displaying the list of topics, you can click on the blue arrow on new topics instead of the topic name, that should bring you to the most recent post. I have gotten into the habit of hitting the "end" key on my keyboard myself [[sometimes you have to click somewhere on the page/box you want to go to the end of first).

We were told by Lowell, the board creator that the new board options are still in the tweaking phase, and new options will be added over time.
    Maybe Lowell will see that and answer. Thanks. DD

Retroit Guest

kit1007, you can also click on the V View First Unread button, which is either the 4th or 5th line down from the top of the window.

Perfect , thanks for DA tip.

Retroit Guest

You can also click on the V-in-the-little-blue-box that precedes the thread title.

rvtwitty Guest

Hi folks . Just checking in. Pretty Saturday. I am headed for up north Monday on vacation. Can't wait. I will take my laptop so I can watch all my favorite sites. Like this one so far.

To all my friends from the other forum, This is MIAMIA haven't been able to post on the other forum it will not let me in. I have been following all your blogs.
    God bless you all

MiaMia,
    I put the word out about your problem and asked if one of them can help you get back on.

Quote Originally Posted by miami View Post
    To all my friends from the other forum, This is MIAMIA haven't been able to post on the other forum it will not let me in. I have been following all your blogs.
    God bless you all
    Didn't you once have to re-register to get in? You probably have already tried that? Is that not working either?

I tried to reregister to no avail, they found my website but keeps telling me wrong password, asked for password no reply o'well.
    Thank you Punky

Oh no. We cannot accept "oh well". We want you back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast