Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
He was answering whether it could be done in 100 days and said we were going to get it done. To me, its says that it may take more than 100 days to clean up the gigantic mess left by the Bush administration and sort out what information is usable. Are you saying we should convict even if the only evidence was derived from torture? Consider that torture is notorious for getting false confessions and that 25% of the Project Innocence cases that were disproven by DNA evidence had false confessions elicited under less harsh methods. . http://www.innocenceproject.org/unde...onfessions.php
I am just pointing out the situation the president is in this because of the Bush administration trying to justify illegal actions as being legal. In no way am I suggesting that we should convict based on evidence gotten by torture , BUT I am just relating a very real fact that indefinite detention in an american prision may be a very real possiblity for some detainees. What I don't know, is if you can legally justify that sort of action without a official declaration of war.