I was listening to this topic discussed today on the radio and kept hearing all these folks screaming how they don't want them in their backyard.

What, do they think they'll be camping on their front lawns? I mean, seriously folks, they will be locked up in maximum security prisons. There is even one town, I think in Montana, who has offered to house them because it will create jobs for the towns folks.

I find it rather amusing how some fear mongering right wingers are elevating them to supervillan status, like Lex Luther or the Joker. Do they think so little of our correctional facilities that they think they will escape easily?

I read a piece recently in the Freep where John Engler thinks putting them up in Marquette Prison would be a good idea. The warden there said the few who escape, usually are caught quickly because the terrain is too rough in the winter and the bugs are too tough in the summer. I can just see some terrorist from the Middle East lasting about 2 hours in the frigged winters!

Another thing people seem to forget, we have Ramzi Yusiff, Terry Nichols, the blind sheik from the first WTC bombing, and many other Islamic terrorists rotting away currently in our prison system. Have any of them escaped yet?

What are some of your thoughts?