Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Am I correct in this assumtion.... the Grand Circus Park parking garage is used mainly by people living/working in the area [[such as the Kales folks)??

I have never used it... and I wonder if it gets a lot of use by folks who attend concerts and ball games?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Am I correct in this assumtion.... the Grand Circus Park parking garage is used mainly by people living/working in the area [[such as the Kales folks)??

I have never used it... and I wonder if it gets a lot of use by folks who attend concerts and ball games?
    Card reader needed to enter main garage door west of Woodward. Same card needed to enter stairwells in park. The eastern entrance is generally paid parking for events. Though in the winter it is never open. The parking for Kales is completely dedicated to the lower western half of the garage. I don't know what the 1st floor is for, I would guess its for people working in Grand Park Centre...but I don't really know.

I do wonder where Broderick Tower residents will park. I would guess underground as well. Will they have a tunnel built to connect BT to garage like Kales had done? Not sure...but they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Card reader needed to enter main garage door west of Woodward. Same card needed to enter stairwells in park. The eastern entrance is generally paid parking for events. Though in the winter it is never open. The parking for Kales is completely dedicated to the lower western half of the garage. I don't know what the 1st floor is for, I would guess its for people working in Grand Park Centre...but I don't really know.

I do wonder where Broderick Tower residents will park. I would guess underground as well. Will they have a tunnel built to connect BT to garage like Kales had done? Not sure...but they should.
    I can't recall where, but I read there would be a tunnel built for the Broderick.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I don't know what the 1st floor is for, I would guess its for people working in Grand Park Centre...but I don't really know.
    Grand Park Centre [[formerly Michigan Mutual Building) has its own inside parking accessed from Elizabeth Street. The parking building is located across the alley and connected to the GCP building across several floors above the alley, similar to how the theater next door was connected to the entrance/lobby on GCP before they tore it down, so they shouldn't need to use up any of the 900 spaces down there.

Seems like a tunnel to connect the Whitney would be ideal, and essentially close off the whole underground garage to the public. I used to park down there during Tigers games - the first few seasons of CoPa it was $5 while parking in surface lots in the area was $20, great proximity even if it took a while of idling in the fumes to get out afterward.