Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Terrorism from meter maids?

Are they firebombing your cars? Resetting your meter so that it is expired and then writing you a hefty fine?

Other than the original post of the meter person who should be reprimanded, all I see here are people complaining that the "meter maid" gave them a ticket for their meter being expired. They probably hear every excuse in the book 500 times a day. "My class ran over... my grandma died and I had to ID her body in the WSU mortuary sciences building... I have a hangnail and couldnt walk back to my car fast enough...."

The meter tells you how much time you have left. You come back under the time and you have no ticket. If you're avoiding Detroit because that set of rules is too complex for you, then I'm kinda glad you aren't around.
    Good point. The rhetoric is a bit much, including my 'blow up the bureaucracy'. Resetting meters? I wouldn't put anything past parking enforcement in Detroit, or any other city for that matter. I have first hand experience with Detroit, Chicago and A2, years of it, and it ain't pretty. Parking enforcement is a scam for most part. It chases citizens and business away and alienates businesses and tourists. Meters are poorly maintained and even worse, they're unfairly enforced. If you're glad that people avoid Detroit because of parking enforcement, so be it. I know of at least two events [[medium sized business luncheons) that left Detroit and A2 due to unfair and capricious parking enforcement. Outlying areas, those dreaded suburbs, got the business.

Basically, I'm saying this: parking enforcement is necessary. Parking enforcement used only as 'revenue enhancement' is a total waste. If it's operated fairly and professionally, scrupulously so, it may be good. Otherwise, this is the result, the reactions you see here. Detroit needs no more black eyes. People get excited to come to Detroit for an event, get a ridiculous ticket and then are insulted on top of it. Give people a break. In the end it will do more good. I still avoid certain places at certain times due to parking enforcement. I know a lot of people who do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Terrorism from meter maids?

Are they firebombing your cars? Resetting your meter so that it is expired and then writing you a hefty fine?

Other than the original post of the meter person who should be reprimanded, all I see here are people complaining that the "meter maid" gave them a ticket for their meter being expired. They probably hear every excuse in the book 500 times a day. "My class ran over... my grandma died and I had to ID her body in the WSU mortuary sciences building... I have a hangnail and couldnt walk back to my car fast enough...."

The meter tells you how much time you have left. You come back under the time and you have no ticket. If you're avoiding Detroit because that set of rules is too complex for you, then I'm kinda glad you aren't around.
    Well then you should be delighted with the current state of this city, there's a lot less people around then there used to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2