Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Default

Perfect day today. Been here since 4pm. The Plaza is absolutely packed and rockin'. Saw great sets by my favs Detroit Techno Militia and the Dirtbombs. Colorful, peaceful, positive and lucrative for Detroit. Win-win! Live report from the oldest electronic music fan here.

Lowell, How was the Dirtbombs techno set?

Stromberg2

While I fully support the Techno fest, I don't go to it as it's not my scene. But I did enjoy the music from my apartment all weekend...except for last night when Fat Boy Slim kept it going late...finally had to close the windows....plus it was hot as hell in my place with the a/c off....maybe next year I'll spend the $40 bucks and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Lowell, How was the Dirtbombs techno set?

Stromberg2
    Surprisingly good. Hearing them amped up on the main stage sound system was great.

Attendence report from Movenment 2011. It's is up from 89,000 in 2010 to 99,000 in 2011 YAY!! I wish its 1.7 million. Unfortunately I have to pay $40,00 for a day to see more techno artists. TECH FEST SHOULD BE FREE FOR EVERYONE!

I wish the dirtbombs played some more old stuff though..

^^
    A friend of mine in the Cobras said they could only play the stuff off the techno album. They are playing the Stick on July 16.

Stromberg2

thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Attendence report from Movenment 2011. It's is up from 89,000 in 2010 to 99,000 in 2011 YAY!! I wish its 1.7 million. Unfortunately I have to pay $40,00 for a day to see more techno artists. TECH FEST SHOULD BE FREE FOR EVERYONE!
    A few thoughts:

1. It was never anywhere near 1.7 million, 1 million, or even 500,000. Those were grossly exaggerated estimates.

2. You could get a weekend pass for $40.00 on an ultra early pre-sale. I got mine on pre-sale for $50.00. $50 is a good deal for 100+ acts, though I only managed to get about 6 hours in at the fest this year.

3. The free model didn't work. It was always on the edge of collapse. Under the paid model, the festival is guaranteed to return year after year, and the attendance numbers keep going up. Seems like a winning way to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2