Yes, it is beyond tragic. I hear the daughter remains at the apartment, if true that is crazy. What 'justification' breeds in her mind to be allowed such. That's the bigger issue. Far too much justification goes on in the city, the kind that turns eyes away from reporting crime and instead endorses it to flourish. I understand the landlords wife wants to continue her husbands work at the building. Some would certainly move on and leave that situation to itself.
Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
I totally agree -- that's just what I was thinking. But this goes beyond economics. This isn't some typical ghetto story. This bastard wasn't motivated by envy or jealousy -- as you said, he could have purchased the home [[or several homes). This is a person who is completely and totally AMORAL and SICK and I am so tired of people like this inhabiting the city.

Thanks... I'll be all right, I think, just up worrying about some stuff going on in my personal life. Thought I'd check social media, and there was the story. If I thought reading the news would put me to sleep, I had another think coming. This story saddened me so much when I first learned the poor guy had been shot to death, but tonight I am truly disturbed. This was so gratuitous until I was sure it was motivated by envy and/or resentment towards someone seen as different... but no. This is just a random, sick a--hole. So instead of having a person who wanted to invest in the city, we get to feed and clothe this clown for the next 20-30 years.