Quote Originally Posted by MsChievous View Post
Kraig,

Yes, I recognized his name immediately when the charter commissioner list only had 14 folks on it. The State Bureau of Elections and the County Clerk's office had a 2 hour training piece today. He was one of the attendees and a number of other attendees ran up to shake his hand and wish him well. It will be interesting to see just who's left on the list after the signatures are certified.

BTW, I received my letter today. It's official, my name will be on the ballot. Now I need to strap on my roller skates, inflate the tires on the bike, get the oil changed in the truck and try to meet each and every single individual in the city of Detroit, spreading the message about charter change! I'll be exhausted by August 4th but I'm going to get this job done. If you've got a group meeting, I've got the time!

Great attitude. Change that charter from cover to cover. If you get the opportunity, check out some of the old charters at the Municipal Reference Library. Some of them contain commentary from the some of the previous charter commissions that will give you an idea of why they did what they did. I don't know if the Commission from 1997 did that.