Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

U go rocko... too bad you are no longer a permanent fixture in the city...and kudos to others who do the same.....

i do little things like this around town, not sure how much it helps, but it makes me feel better. one of the things i do is whenever i'm at a cemetery and i see an overrun grave marker for someone that was in the service - i make it a point to clean that grave/marker so people can see the person's name, service/war details... these men/women gave up a part of their lives and in some cases their lives while defending our country and it's the least i can do is make sure their names still shine on!!!

Thank you Rocko.

Might come as a surprise to people but lots of us Detroiters do tons to make this a better place. Did a tour of the East side waterfront for an out of town visitor and pretty soon I thought I should just shut up since it was "I did this or that". BFD I worked with many organizations, did my little bit and met so many wonderful people

I really love my neighbors in EEV and Islandview. I was astounded that on Mother's Day I got so many gifts from neighbors. I was in shock and awe that all these nice people appreciated my little kindnesses to them.

Start a thread on connections, I could probably give up an easy 50 names and stories of stellar people here in the D right off the top of my head.

I still think my funniest donation of labor was at Mariner's Park. The volumn of trash was driving me nuts so I picked it up over a period of a few hours. When I was done, a nice young gentleman handed me some easywipes. He didn't help but didn't want me to have "dirty" hands.

The CITY doesn't take care of business but life goes on. I just still stay amazed at all the wonderful people I meet daily.

I don't want to wax poetic but this is a great city because of the people who stay to fight the fight. Sumas