^ he is also invested heavily in Cleveland and I kinda think that those would be two cities that could be used as equal comparisons,not comparing Detroit to Houston or Minneapolis etc.

He is the numbers guy so personally I kinda think he knows what he is doing.

From a standpoint of looking from the outside in and if we are comparing cities,I see more smart growth happing in Detroit where as the other cities are building on current demand and not long term.

That is what Detroit did in the past and did not prepare for the future,the real test will be when a recession hits,like they always have a habit of popping up.Sure things will slow down or even might come to a stall,but I have a tendency to think that Detroit is in a good spot to recover faster and have a lesser effect during.

When it comes to hotel space,the elephant in the room is the amount of planned hotels for when the bridge is completed and what thier impact would be on downtown locations,I also believe that the fairgrounds plans also include new hotels.

So even if the downtown could at this time support a luxury brand it is scary at my pay grade thinking if it could survive and what happens if it cannot.

Thats kinda how I come up with the slow build out being more so based on a pay as you go in order to decrease debt load for when it comes online,worst case scenario it can hold its own and still compete.

On a small scale comparison it would be kinda like me buying a house based solely expecting the tenants to pay the mortgage,if it sits empty for 6 months,I still have to cover the note or lose it.