Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    According to the clip I posted, the mansion was remodeled into the hospital and then it merged with Zeigler Osteopathic.
    It's Zieger Osteopathic Hospital. The spelling on the postcard is wrong.
    I got curious the other night when a friend said she was born in Zieger Hospital at Michigan and Livernois in Detroit.

I found out that this Dr. Allen Zieger, who founded it, also founded Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills.

http://www.botsford.org/about/history/

Quote Originally Posted by lalynch View Post
    It's Zieger Osteopathic Hospital. The spelling on the postcard is wrong.
    I got curious the other night when a friend said she was born in Zieger Hospital at Michigan and Livernois in Detroit.

I found out that this Dr. Allen Zieger, who founded it, also founded Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills.

http://www.botsford.org/about/history/
    Botsford's history only lists their openings and acquisitions, not the closings. I vaguely recall Zeiger Hospital on Livernois, it was still open early 70's, but cannot seem to recall the building itself. Driving in that area, I thought it was maybe the Boy's Club building, but that can't be.

Botsford used to have a big photo and bio of Dr. Zieger in the lobby doorway. I wonder if it was removed or photoshopped? It was funny seeing his pic in the lobby, with him smoking a cigarette.