Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Yes it does.

12%in the right column is EXACTLY the number I quoted.

But that represents an entire category of health concerns, which include;

1. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't wanna give up drinking lots of booze.

2. Fearing for the baby's health because I don't want to stop doing drugs.

etc.

It's unclear from guttmacher's reports exactly what percentage are actual "Mother's health / life may be at risk", but surveys done at clinics suggests it's about 2.7%. [As I also stated].

You should really read the entire report before slandering someone for being correct.
You provided the source, and the source doesn't back up what you said. First it was 99%, then it was 97.3%, and now it's that other sources support you, but not the one you provided. You got defensive and tried to deflect to others comments simply because I asked for a source on the number, which you still haven't provided.

All I wanted was a source to back up the claim of "It's not healthcare 99% of the time" and I'm happy to look at anything you have to provide, because that number seems very high from the literature that I've seen.

If it's a debate about what constitutes healthcare, that's a whole different conversation, but I simply want to source your statement. Further, the study cited allows for multiple responses from individuals as to reasons for having an abortion, so it's really difficult for it to support your original statement.

Based off the study, you could say a majority don't have an abortion for health concerns, or that it's not a leading reason, or even that it is one of the smallest percentages of reasons [[although it's not the smallest). But not healthcare 99% of the time is not factually supported.