Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
You posted a screenshot of a TikTok that came from a debunked article from five years ago. Of course, the domain for the original article no longer exists, but someone in this forum went line by line covering the full and very obviously made up story. It even included data points from another old, debunked 2013 article about the cost of owning a Chevy Volt.

Now, I'm sure you'll say that this is biased, but a few key points stood out:

It is incorrect to say a Tesla ‘requires’ a 75 amp service… it is accurate to say it is ‘capable’ of such amperage for ‘fast charge’ it can slowly charge on slower amps such as a regular 110 outlet that usually puts out 15-20 amps [[found every few feet in a house) or a dryer type of outlet that can usually put out 20-50 amps. I know..I do so with my electric Nissan Leaf every day on a 110 outlet...75 amp is for the rapid charge/quick charge special sites that can handle such a load and is never done at home charging locations...As such This observation that 75 amp service is ‘required’ to charge your vehicle at home is invalid

And:

My 145 year old house is 100 amps… but I just use less than 12 amps off of a regular 110 outlet to charge my car… the same outlet you use for a hair dryer or refrigerator etc.etc.

We all use that much with 110 outlets regularly [[your refrig.. A hair dryer..etc) As such it would NOT overload your home or the neighborhood grid. And most people charge at night while sleeping when the car is not in use and the electrical grid is not being taxed as much

And if I may speculate on the future of energy, once costs reach a certain point, most people will demand whatever will drive those costs down; more coal, gas, nuclear [[hopefully) or cow farts. Simple supply and demand, no matter what politicians say in campaign speeches.
Nice try but you know as well as I that EVERYONE will be on fast charge.
There will be brown outs and times your not allowed to charge!