Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
People still like to shop. The busiest shopping season is also when the weather is the worst. Hence indoor malls.
The busiest shopping season yes, worst weather. But why would I drive to a mall packed with people in crap weather that takes an hour to drive 10 miles when I could just have that shirt I want delivered to my house in 48 hours for free?

I get it, there are still people out there who like to peruse stores and walk around. No issue there. But now that I can get anything I want delivered to my door and hassle free returns for items I don't want, where is my incentive to go to a mall?

To your second point, I agree to an extent about Hall Road. It is packed with commercial and every other day there seems to be a Meijer/Target/Home Depot parking lot that has new strip malls going up in them. But to say real estate on Hall Road is cheap is flat out false. There have been a ton of businesses/bars/restaurants that moved a mile south/north of Hall citing the insane rent they pay being on that road.

Personally, I F***ing hate Hall Road. They should have just continued the freeway all the way from Mound to I-94 below grade with a 2 lane local service drive on each side.