Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
^^^ Woodstock [[on the west side of Woodward) is not exactly as you call it a 'ghetto hood' block! Making the whole scene even more shocking when I drove by there. The east side of Woodward is a completely different story, economic and housing stock.

Detroit needs to deal with its side of the underpass for certain.

This weather is quite horrid. Another reason why I rarely complain about our 'few' hot summer days. Sure heat can kill, but nothing like harsh winters if you're exposed outdoors.
All of Detroit is a ghetto hood. Does matter if the once Detroit middle class blue to white collar neighborhood is full of houses or not. There are always going to be riff raffs pushing drugs, pimps doing prostitution and sex trafficking. Gangs are everywhere. They don't have to show their colors. They are in plain clothes and they don't need to be visible in groups to lure cops. Homelessness are visible and most them are in the panhandling business. And if they want shelter, they can just squat in people's homes. It's legal under Squatter's Law. The home owner will have to get a court order to kick the squatter out.

I grew up in Detroit all of my life. I like the stink of the streets. I love the smell of it. If most of you from suburbia want to find out the read ghetto hood of Detroit, don't look the internet go right into it, cruise and hopefully you don't get robbed, shot and attack by rabid wild animals.

Detroit still has homes, businesses and historical areas that for protected. Even through gentrification is here and poor folks are kick out and private developers want to turn Detroit's stink of streets into their personal Disneyland for millennials. The memories of Detroit ghettos will still be in minds.