I am not for subsidizing failing government organizations usually,.. but in this case I am.

I think they need a little bit of union busting,.. but I'm OK with another raise in stamp prices,.. or perhaps better yet, just a funding system to help them out.

Better than average pension system seems fair. They DO deliver rain or shine. Some days it's a walk in the park,...others they're out there when it's brutally hot or icy. And with one exception that happened a month ago because of Covid,.. I have ALWAYS gotten my mail on time.

And I like having the same mail-carrier for a decade at a crack. It makes for great consistent service, and the better than average pensions helps with that.

I pay my bills with checks, I have PO boxes, I mail packages and buy stamps by the roll at the post office.

A big mitigating factor for me is that they DO deliver absolutely anywhere. They even deliver by float-plane, by mule [[to this day) and by boat. [[There's a mail boat with it's own zip code that operates in the Detroit River to deliver mail to the freighters).

It also keeps the nation together. And a lot of official mail goes through it. You are considered to have legally received notice of various things if mailed to you. Ballots for the infirm, and on and on.

So it's about more than just us in the big city getting stuff.