Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1680

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    His exact words:
    "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning..."

So there was no "shoot up", and laboratories are experimenting with disinfectants to possibly make a vaccine?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-06-20 at 12:31 PM.

Well at least one brave Michigan Republican official is speaking his mind about COVID! Meet Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle, a proud MAGA man.

Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle used the racial slur during a diatribe about why he refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n*ggers in Detroit,” Eckerle said at a public meeting Thursday, according to The Washington Post and the Leelanau Enterprise newspaper.
    If you think that was just a one-off for this Michigan Trumpublican official...

Eckerle doubled-down with his use of the racial slur during an interview with a local public radio station, saying it “is not racism” to use the word.
    "I don’t regret calling it an n----r,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Well at least one brave Michigan Republican official is speaking his mind about COVID! Meet Leelanau County Road Commissioner Tom Eckerle, a proud MAGA man.

If you think that was just a one-off for this Michigan Trumpublican official...

School's out....

Trump spreading more COVID disinformation, claiming that children are "almost immune" to the virus. That's a verifiable lie. Facebook and Twitter removed videos of Trump making this comment, posted by the Trump Campaign, for violating their rules about spreading COVID misinformation.

Twitter also locked the account of the Trump Campaign for spreading COVID disinformation.

But then again, what would you expect from a man who promotes "doctors" who believe that some diseases are caused by "having sex with demons" and has warned people against a future COVID vaccine by claiming that it will contain "Alien DNA."

Trump spreading more COVID disinformation, claiming that children are "almost immune" to the virus. That's a verifiable lie.

Those of us with an IQ over 50 clearly understood that to mean that young children are almost immune to ill-effects and death from Covid,.. not that they couldn't catch it.

The America-hating leftist media have their orders,.. and they're not about to pass up an opportunity to deceive the public and incite hatred and division by lying about the president.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-07-20 at 09:49 AM.

Trump spreading more COVID disinformation, claiming that children are "almost immune" to the virus. That's a verifiable lie. Facebook and Twitter removed videos of Trump making this comment, posted by the Trump Campaign, for violating their rules about spreading COVID misinformation.

Twitter also locked the account of the Trump Campaign for spreading COVID disinformation.

aj, I already touched on this in post #1499. As to whether children are "almost immune", it depends on how "almost" is defined as well as what precautions are taken for the children's safety whether they are at school or whatever their non-school situation is. They are more immune by some accounts as I previously mentioned. Not everyone shares the political and medical opinions of Twitter staffers.

Not for nothing but everybody is forgetting day care centers have never shut down while providing services for essential workers.

Notice how none of that has been brought up because no children got sick in the process.

Here they extended online learning for the first 4 weeks of school

After admitting 25% of the students had no internet service.
    Forgetting about all of the seniors that are raising their children’s children and have zero clue about how to help the children with their homework.

Or all of the single mothers that depended on school hours for an income.

So what it basically boils down to,if you have means your child can learn,if not the children are screwed,

We are becoming Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    After admitting 25% of the students had no internet service.
    ^ And on top of that,.. even in school districts where all the children DO have Zoom access,.. most don't join in on the meetings.

Pretty much everyone agrees that almost No learning is taking place.

Facts - childcare centers were allowed to operate under VERY STRICT guidelines.
    https://www.michigan.gov/documents/l...L_691941_7.pdf

and yes, there have been cases of covid transmission in childcare

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    aj, I already touched on this in post #1499. As to whether children are "almost immune", it depends on how "almost" is defined as well as what precautions are taken for the children's safety whether they are at school or whatever their non-school situation is. They are more immune by some accounts as I previously mentioned. Not everyone shares the political and medical opinions of Twitter staffers.
    ~50,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases in children age 17 and under just in the state of California alone. ~10,000 confirmed cases among children 5 and under in California alone.

Almost immune though...

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...Age-Group.aspx

By ANY DEFINITION of the term "almost immune", what Trump said is a blatant lie. Which is why both Facebook AND Twitter removed it as such.

While I have you, do you think the COVID vaccine will contain Alien DNA like Trump's new Favorite Doctor claimed?
    Last edited by aj3647; August-07-20 at 12:23 PM.

AJ, that California chart is showing low or no deaths among
    children aged 17 or less, so, in the VERY narrow sense of their not
    dying off themselves, they might be considered "immune".

On the other hand I can't think that any child would benefit
    from having their parents or grandparents or other relatives
    aged eighteen and older dying from this nasty virus. Very often
    those who have passed leave behind children, grandchildren,
    nieces, nephews, cousins that will feel the loss of love and
    support very much. In this wider sense, then, the children
    are not "IMMUNE" to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    AJ, that California chart is showing low or no deaths among
    children aged 17 or less, so, in the VERY narrow sense of their not
    dying off themselves, they might be considered "immune".

On the other hand I can't think that any child would benefit
    from having their parents or grandparents or other relatives
    aged eighteen and older dying from this nasty virus. Very often
    those who have passed leave behind children, grandchildren,
    nieces, nephews, cousins that will feel the loss of love and
    support very much. In this wider sense, then, the children
    are not "IMMUNE" to the virus.
    Immunity refers to your ability to be INFECTED by a virus, not DIE from it. You do not seem to understand what the word means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunity_[[medical)

260 children and teens tested positive for COVID-19 at a Georgia sleepaway camp. They did not wear masks or socially distance. How could so many of them get it at a single place and time if they are "almost immune?"
    https://www.livescience.com/summer-c...-outbreak.html

The term "immune" has a definite original meaning:
    that some infectious agent cannot infect you.

Should we consider "carriers" to be immune because they
    themselves are not affected in any significant way?

The minute that it becomes possible for them to spread the
    infectious agent, no matter how unaffected they themselves
    may be, that is the moment that we need to say that they are
    not "immune".

If a person has the infectious agent in their system, AND is
    unaffected by it AND moreover somehow it CANNOT spread
    from them to anyone else, we could say that they are
    "immune" to it. For practical purposes this almost never
    applies to COVID-19.

It is well known that COVID-19 spreads asymptomatically
    AND very readily. An asymptomatic person may be "immune"
    from health consequences themselves but can't be considered
    "immune" in the larger picture. If a child at camp contracts
    COVID-19 there, and is asymptomatic, but passes the virus to
    their family members, some of whom become sick, that child
    was not "immune".

To provide a contrast, I had chicken pox as a child. However the
    causative virus is still in my system. I can't spread it very easily
    at this time. So. I am "immune". [[But I went and got the two
    Shingrix shots earlier this year so as to "stay immune".)

~50,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases in children age 17 and under just in the state of California alone. ~10,000 confirmed cases among children 5 and under in California alone.

Almost immune though...

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...Age-Group.aspx

By ANY DEFINITION of the term "almost immune", what Trump said is a blatant lie. Which is why both Facebook AND Twitter removed it as such.

While I have you, do you think the COVID vaccine will contain Alien DNA like Trump's new Favorite Doctor claimed?
    What you have to show is how much more or less likely California children are to get Covid-19 if they attend school vs. if they are not in school. I do not have that answer. Norway claims that there is no evidence that lower grade elementary students significantly spread the disease. Your link said that in California, children 5-17 were 44% as likely to contract Covid as the general population.

According to the Factcheck article I previously linked to,
    What Science Says About Children, COVID-19 and School Reopenings, that's more or less what we are discussing, the consensus is that children are less likely to catch the disease, spread it, and get serious complications or die. The younger they are, the more that holds true.

I already commented on "almost immune". I don't have an opinion about "Trump's Favorite Doctor". 'Aliens' could mean illegal aliens, time travelers from Pincus Number 7 and other things. I'll go with the Factcheck article's range of opinions about school openings.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    What you have to show is how much more or less likely California children are to get Covid-19 if they attend school vs. if they are not in school.
    Ah yes, change the subject to school safety from the topic at hand of whether children are practically immune to COVID-19...which they are not. They aren't immune to the virus, nor are they "almost immune." You at least acknowledge that simple, indisputable fact, right?

I can cite you about two dozen examples RIGHT NOW just from this past week of schools that have reopened and already have positive COVID cases among the students. A school in Indiana shut down on the very first day of school after a student tested positive.

I already commented on "almost immune". I don't have an opinion about "Trump's Favorite Doctor". 'Aliens' could mean illegal aliens, time travelers from Pincus Number 7 and other things. I'll go with the Factcheck article's range of opinions about school openings.
    Alien means "extraterrestrials from outer space" and Trump's new favorite doctor is Stella Immanuel, a Nigerian doctor who also happens to a Christian preacher and a prominent conspiracy theorist. Trump called her "very impressive."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773

"She said that she had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients, I thought her voice was an important voice but I know nothing about her," he said on Tuesday.

Dr Immanuel, who is also a Christian pastor, gave a speech on the steps of the US Supreme Court in Washington, captured in a video first published by right-wing website Breitbart on Monday.
    Trump's new voice of medical reason, among other things, believes that vaccines contain DNA derived from extraterrestrial lifeforms from outer space. She also believes that certain diseases are caused by having "sex with demons" and that "curses" can be passed down from generation to generation through the placenta. She also threatened that Jesus would destroy Facebook if it didn't restore her COVID conspiracy videos.

Anyways, since Trump loves her views so much, I'm just curious what your take is on them [[from a scientific accuracy point of view), since they may now be informing public policy at the highest levels. Do you, Oladub, believe that having sex with witches is a public health threat or that demons will have sex with you in your dreams and make you ill? If not, then how do you reconcile that this person's views on how to treat COVID-19 have been endorsed by none other than your beloved President?
    Last edited by aj3647; August-07-20 at 03:39 PM.

^ you are so racist

what is wrong with having sex with demons and witches,they have feelings to and the witches have potions that make the little blue pill seem like candy.

The Indiana school that you referred to,shut down back in March,on the recommendation of the health expert that had no clue like anybody else did in March.

Based on one student testing positive,when they did not and still do not know how many false positives are out there.

So they shut down an entire school system for 1 case that they had little clue about.

And you are using that as a bases for a discussion,okay,that’s plausible,on mars.
    Last edited by Richard; August-07-20 at 03:59 PM.

LOL! Possibly even a placement as an oppressed group or sub-group along the sacred hierarchy of intersectionality!

Some attorney or person from the halls of high academe would quickly argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...What is wrong with having sex with demons and witches,they have feelings to and the witches have potions that make the little blue pill seem like candy....
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-07-20 at 04:11 PM.

U.S. death toll now exceeds 160,000. Total U.S. cases top 5 MILLION.

The death toll by the end of the year is estimated to hit 300,000. This would make COVID the third leading cause of death in the United States, topped only by Heart disease and Cancer.

Ah yes, change the subject to school safety from the topic at hand of whether children are practically immune to COVID-19...which they are not. They aren't immune to the virus, nor are they "almost immune." You at least acknowledge that simple, indisputable fact, right?
    You are becoming a poor reader. You missed my paragraph,
    "According to the Factcheck article I previously linked to,
    What Science Says About Children, COVID-19 and School Reopenings, that's more or less what we are discussing, the consensus is that children are less likely to catch the disease, spread it, and get serious complications or die. The younger they are, the more that holds true

Alien means "extraterrestrials from outer space" and Trump's new favorite doctor is Stella Immanuel, a Nigerian doctor who also happens to a Christian preacher and a prominent conspiracy theorist. Trump called her "very impressive."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773
    I thought you said Trump was a racist but he has a Nigerian woman doctor whom he refers to as "very impressive"? That doesn't sound racist to me.

Trump's new voice of medical reason, among other things, believes that vaccines contain DNA derived from extraterrestrial lifeforms from outer space. She also believes that certain diseases are caused by having "sex with demons" and that "curses" can be passed down from generation to generation through the placenta. She also threatened that Jesus would destroy Facebook if it didn't restore her COVID conspiracy videos.

Anyways, since Trump loves her views so much, I'm just curious what your take is on them [[from a scientific accuracy point of view), since they may now be informing public policy at the highest levels. Do you, Oladub, believe that having sex with witches is a public health threat or that demons will have sex with you in your dreams and make you ill? If not, then how do you reconcile that this person's views on how to treat COVID-19 have been endorsed by none other than your beloved President?
    And you are changing the subject from whether children are practically immune to extraterrestrials from outer space and having sex with witches? I can't beat that. You sound like Joe Biden. You win.

No, seriously, in answer to your slightly off topic question, I believe that having sex with witches, even if just one at a time, potentially harms public health if the witches have social diseases. Don't do it. You shouldn't have even voted for Hillary.

The destruction of New York... so determined and assured

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-578629667

'Our community is terrified, angry and frightened': Upper West Side residents fury as homeless junkies and sex offenders are moved into three luxury hotels...

• The Belleclaire, the Lucerne and the Belnord in the UWS are three of 139 hotels being used as homeless shelters during the Covid-19 crisis in New York City
    • The city is paying $175 per person per night to house people to avoid COVID-19 outbreaks in shelters
    • It's unclear how long they will be kept there; none of the hotels are accepting paying guests currently
    • Upper West Side residents say they are terrorizing the neighborhood with drugs and crime
    • They are complaining that they don't feel safe and local restaurant owners fear they are driving away business
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-08-20 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The destruction of New York... so determined and assured

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-578629667

'Our community is terrified, angry and frightened': Upper West Side residents fury as homeless junkies and sex offenders are moved into three luxury hotels...

• The Belleclaire, the Lucerne and the Belnord in the UWS are three of 139 hotels being used as homeless shelters during the Covid-19 crisis in New York City
    • The city is paying $175 per person per night to house people to avoid COVID-19 outbreaks in shelters
    • It's unclear how long they will be kept there; none of the hotels are accepting paying guests currently
    • Upper West Side residents say they are terrorizing the neighborhood with drugs and crime
    • They are complaining that they don't feel safe and local restaurant owners fear they are driving away business

Do you think Bill de Blasio will get re-elected???

Wow, $175 per vagrant per night? There is way to much worthless fiat sloshing to and fro. Not good.

Probably. They like the whip! SO long as it's not coming from the right as they perceive it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Do you think Bill de Blasio will get re-elected???

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Wow, $175 per vagrant per night? There is way to much worthless fiat sloshing to and fro. Not good.
    Good place to set up a meth lab.

Two people have been arrested in San Fransisco for allegedly building a meth lab in a hotel room, which was donated to the homeless amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.newsweek.com/meth-lab-ho...ncisco-1523335

Of course with it being in San Francisco it will be wrote off as people practicing their entrepreneurial options.
    Last edited by Richard; August-08-20 at 07:59 AM.

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast