Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Let's see... People that have had it are getting re-infected. There's no testing, so if someone in the kitchen is feeling a bit off but needs the money, they came in anyway. There's no cure, remedy, or antidote. And your solution is small bites. Well bon appetite...
    That could be happening now when you get a carry out.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    As we now push 19,000 deaths and counting just within 2 months, where are all of the folks who claimed the regular flu is worse?

Or have they moved the goal post to something else?
    Before you can answer any of that, there is the Schrodinger's Casket issue. The vast majority of the count are people that were ill or weakened to begin with [[ie the nursing home clusters). Since most deaths in 'at risk groups' now are being counted as 'complications related to', we can't possibly know how many are a direct result of vs. how many of those ill and weakened would have passed without this issue.

What seems to be happening is that anybody who dies that is even suspected of being infected is counted as such. I'm waiting for auto accidents to be included if the driver had a coughing spell that caused them to lose control.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    That could be happening now when you get a carry out.

Exactly. You have no idea who has what @ the preparation end. Or what kind of serious precautions the delivery person is taking. Those Raman noodles are looking better and better.

Let's see... People that have had it are getting re-infected. There's no testing, so if someone in the kitchen is feeling a bit off but needs the money, they came in anyway. There's no cure, remedy, or antidote. And your solution is small bites. Well bon appetite...
    Well,.. not sure there's any evidence of re-infection. Yes,... S. Korea had some people that initially released from the hospital after testing negative, that later tested positive again [[but weren't sick again),.. but that is likely because of errors in the tests. There was a big problem with false negatives. We'll see. The buffoons from the WHO are on the case.

As to the second part of that,.. what other solution do you propose for re-opening restaurants etc?

If a person that has anti-bodies can get re-infected,.. and you with your vaccine for a version of the virus that hasn't existed in almost 2 years are just as, if not more vulnerable,... what do we do? Stay in isolation until the nation can no longer afford food, heating fuel etc and we all die of starvation?

At some point we just have to try it. 1/2 normal at first, and if that works,. then move to full normal.

Perhaps coming in the form of those that test positive for having anti-bodies and those that have recovered can go about their business as usual,.. and those that never caught it can be very careful for a few months?

Or perhaps option 3,... hydroxychoriquine / Z-Pack / zinc proves perfectly successful at stopping it cold,.. and once there is a huge supply of that at every urgent care,.. w go about life as normal and treat as needed?
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-11-20 at 06:06 PM.

I can’t help but think that this “crisis” has been manipulated and weaponized by our so called experts.
    https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...ropped-in-2020

This health 'crisis' is nothing compared to the economic crisis that is going to follow. Just sayin'.

The difference is food is required to live; paint is not, so can't forbid people to go out and get food. Nor can you tell them they can't have your meds. We ARE being requested to only go to the market when you really need something, not because you're bored and want some chips
    I guess I don't see the difference between wandering around Eastern Mark-up or a grocery store seeing what's available that you can use, and wandering around a garden center or paint store. The emphasis should be on wearing proper protection and not on banishments. Not everyone is interested in staying glued to the boob-tube and being fed information.

Well, at least there will be more people alive to deal with that than if all restrictions are dropped now. Then you get to tell a larger number of people "I told you so"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    This health 'crisis' is nothing compared to the economic crisis that is going to follow. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The rising debate now is about when to 'restart the economy'. I'm interested in hearing your opinions on how and when that should be done in Michigan. More specifically, what would make you feel confident enough to go to a restaurant, sit down and be served?
    I think the future is with thermal cameras. You go to work at Ford, a theatre, a stadium, Walmart or any enclosed area with crowds, you have to pass through a thermal camera. If you are over 37.3 degrees celsius, you are denied access and/or taken aside to a testing station and/or sent home to self-isolate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvalmjcHDIg

From what I've read about thermal cameras, your temperature goes over 37.3 C around the eyes in the early stages of exposure to COVID 19 and it's picked up by the camera. Here's a youtube of the police in several cities in China already equipped with AR thermal camera smart helmets walking down crowded streets and can detect heat signatures in a crowd of people up to 5 meters away. If someone's over 37.3 C around the face, an alarm goes off in the helmet to alert the officer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXULTL91Qwg

It says in this similar video from Chengdu, China, it had a posting date of March 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jKoSEUK8s Could this be how they contained the spread of COVID-19 in China and got the country back to work or is it just the communist propaganda machine at work that they contained the spread?
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-11-20 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The difference is food is required to live; paint is not, so can't forbid people to go out and get food. Nor can you tell them they can't have your meds. We ARE being requested to only go to the market when you really need something, not because you're bored and want some chips
    Like I said earlier, I get the isolation thing, totally, so I don't need an explanation. We're not in prison or solitary confinement. Some people need to have a purpose, or to be productive. Proper attire, and you can pick up what you need to be useful while isolated. Self isolation doesn't mean you have to sit drunk or stoned in front of the TV set all day, screaming @ the latest Trump story.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-11-20 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    I can’t help but think that this “crisis” has been manipulated and weaponized by our so called experts.
    https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...ropped-in-2020
    Yep, pneumonia and flu deaths are WAY down this year. Like 1/2 or less of what's normal. Like 30,000 less from just FLU alone.

Covid is gonna put these other popular diseases out of business.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-11-20 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Yep, pneumonia and flu deaths are WAY down this year. Like 1/2 or less of what's normal. Like 30,000 less from just FLU alone.

Covid is gonna put these other popular diseases out of business.
    Not really. CDC estimate for the current flu season is at 24,000 – 62,000 from an estimated 39,000,000 – 56,000,000 cases. The average number of deaths over the past nine years is 37.5K. So when the final butcher's bill for the year comes in it will be close to an average season.

The mortality rate of the two don't even compare. Covid19 is far more deadly. We've just crossed 20K Covid19 deaths in the US on from just 530K cases.

Another factor that has to forestall business restarts is liability concerns. Am I, as an employer, going to require my workers to return to work, have them potentially become infected on my site and, worse yet, take it back home? I can hear Call Sam's of the world sharpening their pencils and breaking out new packs of legal pads already.

The hospitality industry that was 80% of my former business is completely destroyed until a vaccine of the Sabin polio vaccine efficiency arrives and probably longer. Who will ever want to go on a cruise ship, fly, or go to tightly packed places like resorts, sporting events or Disney Worlds until then?

Those are as perishable goods as the tomatoes rotting in Florida or the milk being poured down the drains in Wisconsin. They can never be recouped--a trillion dollar loss this year, I have heard. The switch can’t simply be flipped on for them.

The only thing that could stave off this economic disaster would be the discovery of a miracle cure--'a take two pills, go to bed, and you'll be over it by morning' cure. I pray for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

The hospitality industry that was 80% of my former business is completely destroyed until a vaccine of the Sabin polio vaccine efficiency arrives and probably longer.

The only thing that could stave off this economic disaster would be the discovery of a miracle cure--'a take two pills, go to bed, and you'll be over it by morning' cure. I pray for that.
    The reality of Polio vaccines doesn't match the drug industries advertising on the subject. When you see most graphs,.. they hide the data from before 1950, and leave one to presume the drop in Polio is from the vaccine alone.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  9.5 KB

I too pray for a miracle cure. It "seems" that we have one. The Hydroxy / Z-Pack combo seems to block people from getting it,.. and there are hundreds of testimonies that people didn't think they were going to live through the night, and after taking the combo they felt normal in hours.

Masses of millions of doses are in production,... hopefully that's the magic bullet that allows us to come out of this,.... and soon.
    Last edited by Bigdd; April-12-20 at 08:13 AM.

The Aldi Pandemic Decision... [[they seem to be very active towards keeping their employees and shoppers safer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1v_NgM0fdk
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-12-20 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    I too pray ...
    One of the silliest and most pointless things Humans do.

^^^ Opinions vary. Thank you for sharing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    One can pray without being religious. Consider it like sending positive vibrations~~~~~~~~ which I send to all on this Easter and all holidays, religious, secular or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do” Amen.

Nursing homes particularly vulnerable to COVID-19

Rivergate Terrace becomes hot spot...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...from-covid-19/
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-12-20 at 10:49 AM.

Both Traitor Joe's and Kroger have limited the number of shoppers in their stores @ one time. Very admirable. Yesterday, I drove by both to try to pick up a few items. Both had long lines outside their doors. You'd have a hard time getting your arm between the people waiting, let alone the "6 foot" requirement. Most of the people waiting had no masks or gloves. Until people start taking the virus seriously, it's going to be a while before it's over. I drove back home. Raman noodles again.

^^^ I feel you on that HT! I'm only shopping now as first person in the line! Masked up, hat, coat - the works. If the store opens at 8, I'm there at 7:35 to get in the line... as it stands I've not been out for nearly 12 days.

And what's with the sputtering loud-talkin' folk who have to GET UP IN YOUR FACE with their proclamations!? I was in an outside line at Whole Paycheck to endure the loud yelling of one person proclaiming C-19 as the 'wrath of God!' the other all but rushing folk screaming out 'it's the 5G TOWERS!'

I left figuring their sp-'utterings' would continue into the store on the foods as neither wore any form of mask, handkerchief of even a coffee filter!
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-12-20 at 11:37 AM.

That reply was to Ray1936 and his comment on the financial crisis being worse than the health crisis. I happen to believe live people will earn/spend more money than dead ones.
    Like I said earlier, I get the isolation thing, totally, so I don't need an explanation. We're not in prison or solitary confinement. Some people need to have a purpose, or to be productive. Proper attire, and you can pick up what you need to be useful while isolated. Self isolation doesn't mean you have to sit drunk or stoned in front of the TV set all day, screaming @ the latest Trump story.
    Last edited by jcole; April-12-20 at 11:22 AM.

You think they would have figured that out back in January in Washington state..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Nursing homes particularly vulnerable to COVID-19

Rivergate Terrace becomes hot spot...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...from-covid-19/

Exactly. You have no idea who has what @ the preparation end. Or what kind of serious precautions the delivery person is taking. Those Raman noodles are looking better and better.
    Since 3/16 I have not consumed any food that I did not prepare myself. I even dusted off a couple of cookbooks that I have never used and tried a few new recipes.

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast