Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think it's going to shift the cost from insurance premium fees to attorney fees.
    To lower rates here they have amount limits on PIP and uninsured motorists caps.

$10,000 per incident,full coverage is usually 20,000 if one is making car payments.

If an accident with injury happens,no matter who’s fault they use your $10,000 first which then puts you redline for 5 years at SR22 rates even if you were not at fault.

So it is your $10,000 then the other persons $10,000 so after the lawyer and doctors finish your check is roughly for $1800.

Any medical after that is on you.

I have been driving 43 years no accidents,no tickets and pay $2400 a year for basic insurance on a 1997 model year car that covers $10,000 pip and I added $10,000 for property damage if I hit another car,because I was a passenger in another car and somebody was texting and did not see us stopped and they did not slow down from 45 mph.

When you have an accident here you do not have to call the police and they get mad when you do,you just exchange information and take a cell phone picture of the other person and thier tag and the lawyers and insurance companies decide for you.

You hope in an accident situation that you get hit by a Mack truck verses a smart car.

I have a commercial vehicle that I have $100,000 -$300,000-$50,000 and the rate is $900 a year, commercial insurance does not use points or accidents in rate figures.

Anyway you look at it,the political ones get credit,the insurance company’s get rich and the lawyers get rich and no matter what solutions they come up with,we still get screwed in the end.

Edit,I agree with the above poster,the biggest difference I see is your injury protection,I was quoted $50,000 to fix my back through no fault of my own,but I am responsible for that.
    Last edited by Richard; May-30-19 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Edit,I agree with the above poster,the biggest difference I see is your injury protection,I was quoted $50,000 to fix my back through no fault of my own,but I am responsible for that.
    From reading the first part of your post, I assume, Richard, your back was injured in a car accident that was someone else's fault? So, for recovery, you have two choices, either hire an attorney and sue the other driver at fault, or pay the $50k out of pocket. Had the other driver unlimited, they would be good. However, if they chose to save 20% on their policy, they could be SOL.