Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
This, of course, is not the issue. I'm surprised it keeps being discussed like it's a valid counterpoint. He should have been cut loose, yes. Long ago. But he wasn't. He wasn't until now, much deeper into the investigation. That is an ethical issue. This issue is not that he was canned. It is the timing.

Let's grow up and think critically.
Let's go to one of your leaders, Maxine Waters, for a dose of her most recent critical thinking. Rep. Waters wanted Comey fired until she didn't but now she has qualified that. "If [[Hillary) had won the White House, I believe that given what he did to her, and what he tried to do, she should have fired him. Yes.) -5/10/17

I don't know if it's 'the' issue, at least with you, but Democratic hypocricy is an issue. It was amazing to witness the turn around of Democratic pillars who days before were lamenting Hillary's loss as being due to Comey all shifting direction and narrative in unison. Now we are to pretend that if only Comey had stayed around a little longer, the failed Russian behind every tree narrative would be flushed out. Personally, I liked detente with Russia even before the Democratic Party became the new home of neocons under SOS Clinton and President Obama.

While Democrats, save Tulsi Gabbard and maybe Bernie, have been making a mess of detente and are trying to grab hold of any passing barge promising to vilify Trump and Russia, Russia's foreign minister Lavrov reported that his meeting with Trump went well.

"I would say that our dialogue as of now is free from ideology that was very typical for [Barack] Obama's administration. "Both Mr Trump and the secretary of state of his administration, as I realized today once again, are businesslike people and they want to reach agreements.""The goal of both President Trump and [Russian] President [Vladimir] Putin is to have concrete results which will be tangible and which will allow us to alleviate problems, including on the international agenda."

The US press was so busy trying to make an issue of the legal firing of Comey that it must not have had time to cover the good news that Trump and Lavrov stepped back and away from a nuclear Armageddon. A Trump-Puting meeting is now scheduled for July. The Wash. Post, owned by the world's richest man, described the Lavrov meeting as 'strange'. The NY Times used the word 'awkward'. If Democrats and establishment Republicans want to continue to be irrelevant and have tantrums in their imaginary neocon world, that's ok but try not to break any furniture.