Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    1. Dude. I provided a link to his speech, and transcribed the pertinent part.
    Dude, no you didn't. You never posted anything from Farrakhan that claimed "white people are responsible for all the evil in the world".

2. I'm not trying to compare Trump to Farrakhan; I'm poking holes your argument, which is that, because everyone already knows Farrakhan hates white people, it shouldn't be newsworthy.
    No, this was never my argument. I never claimed Farrakhan wasn't newsworthy. And you're misrepresenting Farrkhan to try and draw some false equivalence. You're trying to fabricate some argument to justify your support for white racists.

Forget Trump. Let's stick with apples-to-apples and use my earlier example, David Duke. If Duke comes to Detroit and makes a speech, and the first words out of his mouth is a bunch of racist crap against blacks, your argument is that the media should just gloss over that because everyone already knows he's a racist, and thus his racist comments aren't newsworthy.
    David Duke isn't remotely apples-to-apples to Farrakhan. Duke is an ally of the White House power structure, the former head of the KKK, and represents much of the base of the President's support. He's an extremely popular former U.S. Representative. Farrakhan is a nut and has no power. And his racism is peripheral to his message.

And, yeah, when David Duke makes public statements, they're not covered in a manner all that different as Farrakhan.

And as far as your claiming "much of the evil in the world is due to white people," that's ridiculous. All people have committed evil, and done great things. Evil knows no skin color. What a stupid thing to say.
    Of course, race plays absolutely no role in systemic oppression, duh. That's why our former President and First Lady were commonly called "apes", that's why our current President calls Mexicans "rapists and murderers, that's why the U.S. is building walls and blocking brown immigrants. All is fine and dandy, unless you're a "poor white American male".

You obviously have a racial hangup, don't like minorities and are trying to justify your worldview. Sorry if you're one of the many "oppressed white males" who had no choice but to elect a carnival of belligerent, racist idiots to the White House. David Duke has a direct message of hate, and has direct connections to the White House. Farrakhan has never had such power.

Can't wait until your generation is gone.
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-20-17 at 05:57 PM.