Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Too bad they took out the Hotel Park Avenue-- that would have been a really classy spot for Pistons team HQ.

I am sure they can find some empty land in the neighborhood. Not worried, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Too bad they took out the Hotel Park Avenue-- that would have been a really classy spot for Pistons team HQ.

I am sure they can find some empty land in the neighborhood. Not worried, at all.
    There's a carbon copy of that building sitting right next to the arena, but I doubt the Pistons want something that large or old. What they want is a new modern practice facility like Advocate Center in Chicago: http://www.hok.com/uploads/2014/12/1...terbulls01.jpg

I hope they partner with the DMC and build an all in one practice/office/medicine facility just north of the arena.

I don't know much about stadium construction, but isn't that first point kind of a big deal? I mean, construction is in the thick of it and suddenly they might have to change it? That sounds really arduous.
    The arena is already multi-purpose and can host NBA games with ease. If you build it for hockey, it works perfectly fine for basketball. It's only a problem when you build it as basketball-first aka the Barclays Center. The issue they are working on right now would be minor. Like making sure they have modern NBA locker rooms from the get-go. Oklahoma City had to renovate their arena to NBA standards when they moved the Sonics there. LCA has generic basketball locker room for college ball, so now Gores wants to make sure they are specialized for the Pistons. Also, they are probably working on getting a 50/50 split for memorabilia and colors throughout the arena. Hopefully they keep the seats red since they match both teams colors. None of these are that big of a deal and can easily be worked out. The biggest problem was revenue splits and they seem to have worked that out. Anyway, it's probably a done deal since they are already talking about a practice facility and LBP has admitted that he expects them to move downtown.
    Last edited by nash313; October-27-16 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post

Haha, I love this. I tend to agree that the Park Avenue would have been less than ideal for a Pistons Headquarters, but I love that you turned the screw in the Ilitches here, Mackinaw!