Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
Nice try at twisting part of my conversation.... but congratulations on making it to 100 posts here, I just wonder how many were actually not trolling.

Ilitch couldn't even get the Hard Rock franchise.... it wasn't until years later that Peter Karmanos got one. and speaking of having issues... the Second City [[now known as City Theatre) in the Hockeytown Cafe Building.... they opted to move to the burbs... not because they wanted to... but because of issues with the Ilitch's. Even Masonic Temple couldn't deal with the Ilitch's when it comes to running their venue for them. Even Chelios' Chili took 10 years before a business could get into that building because the Ilitch's were uncooperative.
Reps from Hard Rock Cafe were at the Ilitch/HRC press conference. It was authorized by HRC.

Second City was a cancellation of a franchise contract by Ilitch, not a move by Second City.

llitch left the Masonic Temple The Masons wanted him to stay -- as they weren't quite out of the woods. It was tough for the Masons to survive for a while, but Jack White's tax bill help, lower natural gas prices [[their single biggest expense), and resurgent wedding & corporate business pulled them through some dark financial times.

I have no contacts with Cheli's, so I don't know whether your impolite accusations are fair.

Ilitch's actions you cited wouldn't have been mine. But he made them. And he's still doing fine in spite of disagreeing with me and you.

They may have been bad moves, but AFAIK, he handled them with class and politely. You might learn some manners and judgement from him.