Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 71 of 263 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    I believe there was a Kroger and Sears on the southeast corner of Moross and Mack. Both were taken down when they did the "city beautification" there in the late 80's I believe. Blazo's was great - I remember inside the restaurant they had this tall kind of tree/decoration I thought was amazing back then.
    There was indeed a Sears [[houseware/hardware only) with Hughes, Hatcher, Suffrin next door. There was a covered walk from the Sear's garden center to Hughes, Hatcher. Kroger was on the other side of Hughes/Hatcher. That Sears was the place to check out tools and hunting/fishing equipment. The seemingly endless array of shotguns and rifles was always intriguing to a young lad.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    There was indeed a Sears [[houseware/hardware only) with Hughes, Hatcher, Suffrin next door. There was a covered walk from the Sear's garden center to Hughes, Hatcher. Kroger was on the other side of Hughes/Hatcher. That Sears was the place to check out tools and hunting/fishing equipment. The seemingly endless array of shotguns and rifles was always intriguing to a young lad.
    When Sears says their Craftsman tools are guaranteed for life, they mean it. I once found a Craftsman screwdriver which was either run over or used as a pry bar, but I took it in anyway, and they gave me a brand new one ... no questions asked.

Hope they don't go down the crapper like Monkey Wards. I would have thought their parts business could have survived as a separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    When Sears says their Craftsman tools are guaranteed for life, they mean it. I once found a Craftsman screwdriver which was either run over or used as a pry bar, but I took it in anyway, and they gave me a brand new one ... no questions asked.
    Hope they don't go down the crapper like Monkey Wards. I would have thought their parts business could have survived as a separate entity.
    I'm on my 3rd Craftsman snow shovel [[1st one a loose rivet, 2nd one a hair line crack in the handle)......both replaced with no questions asked. They do stand behind their guarantee.

I'm on my 3rd Craftsman snow shovel [[1st one a loose rivet, 2nd one a hair line crack in the handle)......both replaced with no questions asked. They do stand behind their guarantee.
    I wonder what would happen if I tried to return a snow shovel to the local Sears?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    I wonder what would happen if I tried to return a snow shovel to the local Sears?
    They'd think you were a little odd, but I'll bet they'd take it.

Wish I'd known that before. I threw my snow shovel away when I moved to Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Wish I'd known that before. I threw my snow shovel away when I moved to Arizona!
    I would have too. No, I would have burnt it while dancing around the fire

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I would have too. No, I would have burnt it while dancing around the fire
    That's what I did to my lawn mower.

Or was it my umbrella?

Or my winter coat?

Hm, can't remember now.

As long as it wasn't your jockey's, I guess it doesn't matter.

As long as it wasn't your jockey's, I guess it doesn't matter.
    Um, er, well...now you know why I got rid of my WebCam...

Please check out the new video JC put together on the St. Jude FB page. It is a collection of songs by the choir from the early 60's. Great job JC!!

Wasn't Lum's the place that had 'hot dogs cooked in beer' advertised on the sign? That seemed so exotic back then.

EB, did you family earn extra cash by renting out the horse for photos? I think we have one of my sister on it.
    Yes we did. Is that the sister whose husband stiffed me on my wedding altar boy tip? If so, they still owe us for the pony ride. They skipped out on paying for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Yes we did. Is that the sister whose husband stiffed me on my wedding altar boy tip? If so, they still owe us for the pony ride. They skipped out on paying for that, too.

Let's see.. with interest, that will be.....

Here's that awesome video [[Thanks JC) that was just uploaded on the St. Jude facebook site.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...id=13026593213

Here's that awesome video [[Thanks JC) that was just uploaded on the St. Jude facebook site.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...id=13026593213
    Truly an awesome video.

Thanks, J, for all your work assembling this, and for getting all the royalty waiver documents drawn up and signed.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Truly an awesome video.

Thanks, J, for all your work assembling this, and for getting all the royalty waiver documents drawn up and signed.
    Maybe Ken Burns can take a few lessons from JC.

I hope everyone remebered to cut out the box score from yesterday's game got their free Arby's.

You're all very welcome. I think the royalty waivers got lost in the mail. Yeah, that's it; lost in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Let's see.. with interest, that will be.....
    I can see a new motorcycle in my future.

Z or JC: I noticed that one of the segments of the video was from 1972 St. Jude Choir at the Air Force Academy. What were the details of that? Did they sing in the Air Force Chapel for a couple of dates in 1972? If I recall correctly, Joe Kaiser, a long time choir member [[St. Jude class of 1969) went to the Air Force Academy. Is there any connection with Joe going to the AFA and the St. Jude Choir engagement??

KR, I have no idea. I'm just the film editor.
    My dad was still in the choir then, but he didn't go to Colorado that I recall.
    Last edited by jcole; July-31-09 at 07:37 AM.

EB, I don't think my BIL was involved with the pony picture. You'll have to go after my dad for your fee, and I don't think you want go find him any time soon. Well, you know what they say about getting your reward in heaven....

EB, I don't think my BIL was involved with the pony picture. You'll have to go after my dad for your fee, and I don't think you want go find him any time soon. Well, you know what they say about getting your reward in heaven....
    No new motorcycle then?

Not unless you intend to ride it and feel the wind beneath your wings.

Z or JC: I noticed that one of the segments of the video was from 1972 St. Jude Choir at the Air Force Academy. What were the details of that? Did they sing in the Air Force Chapel for a couple of dates in 1972? If I recall correctly, Joe Kaiser, a long time choir member [[St. Jude class of 1969) went to the Air Force Academy. Is there any connection with Joe going to the AFA and the St. Jude Choir engagement??
    KR, the Air Force Acadamy Choir came to St. Jude, it would have been nice if it was the other way around. I'm sure them coming here had an impact on Joe's decision to go, if I recall correctly it was Congressman Nedzi who pulled the strings for him. I recently got his e-mail address but have not hooked up with Joe yet, I'm sure I will in the future and will see if I can find out a few more details

Page 71 of 263 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 121 171 ... LastLast