Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
They exist, but they aren't exactly "relevant"

sure, but that raises the larger [[and I think we're going way off the topic here...but whatever) question of; why? If the RTA plan is a stupid one....isn't this the time to abort this thing?

and that would be all well and good, if the private sector was going to keep it. but they aren't . They paid for it, [[with some assistance) and they dictated the design regardless of how it would work in the real world, scale, or fit within a regional plan and they're going to dump it in all our laps shortly. But again that really doesn't matter because the RTA's "plan" is all BRT all the time....with maybe a slow train kind of going to the airport...maybe... if they can figure out how to get people from the terminal to where the tracks actually are.

I know the RTA, SEMCOG, DDOT, SMART, M-1 Folks and the various governmental entities all have a very difficult job to do as there has never been a multi modal regional mass transit system ever built anywhere else in the history of the world so I get that they need to sort of make it up as they go along...
Oh I forgot the issue of homelessness wasn't relevant. I guess we can forget about them now.

Why would we abort the RTA? It's what we need to lobby for federal funds. We haven't even seen the RTA plan because they haven't formalized it yet. Any plan brought about by Hertel or SEMCOG'S RTCC is not the RTA plan [[BRT, etc). If you really do believe in public transit, you wouldn't say that.

And of course Gilbert or Penske aren't going to keep it, the RTA is going to keep it. It's PUBLIC transportation. And it does work in the real world because streetcars are used the world over from Portland to Prague to Melbourne. We're not using some experimental mode, like the People Mover was, streetcars are just as used as buses around the globe.

And the last paragraph is probably sarcastic or you're just inept.