Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Tent City?

Hybrid View

I can understand how the visuals of homelessness could be disturbing particularly for City of Detroit residents who have to bear the burden of this de facto human landfill situation for the rest of the Metro. I have less understanding how that is turned to blaming the victims of that terrible fate instead of working for solutions in a holiday spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I can understand how the visuals of homelessness could be disturbing particularly for City of Detroit residents who have to bear the burden of this de facto human landfill situation for the rest of the Metro. I have less understanding how that is turned to blaming the victims of that terrible fate instead of working for solutions in a holiday spirit.
    See my previous post.

Since B'ham has no issue with it, I'll personally pay for a chartered bus to drive these folks to downtown Birmingham to camp there overnight. At least they'll encounter richer clientele to panhandle, thus winning.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Since B'ham has no issue with it, I'll personally pay for a chartered bus to drive these folks to downtown Birmingham to camp there overnight. At least they'll encounter richer clientele to panhandle, thus winning.
    Nice strawman, except tent cities have nothing to do with panhandling. Why do you assume they're the same people?

And you are certainly welcome to drive them up to Birmingham. They have a right to be here, and we already have homeless folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Knowing you are an excellent talented photographer I liked the term visual. As a Detroiter, I see the beauty and ruin alike every day. I suck at taking photos, have no talent for poetry much less musical talent. My one talent is I care and take action as I can

Real solutions are needed for our homeless population The poor/homeless are treated worse than dogs in a shelter. I am grateful the police are not planning to take action.

I had planned to drive over and ask what they needed. A serious neighborhood crisis came up. People laugh but I really do live in an amazing very tight knit community. Totally took precident.

Tomorrow will do so. Blankets, coolers, grills etc have in abundance I don't want to take what they can't use.