Worth requoting again. You might want to add "having a non-stop cacophony of frightening voices chattering in your head" to your Life Stinks challenge now that the heartless streets are the new mental wards of our great republic.
Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
For the typical trolls who like to spout their "Bumhate", I offer you a challenge to put your money as far way from your mouth: it's called the "Life Stinks" challenge. It starts really easy, and it only takes a month. You freeze all accounts, take a month vacation from work, terminate phone service, end all contact with friends/family/loved ones, and head out penniless into the streets with nothing but a bag on your shoulder and a change of socks [[aw! you're all jaded lightweights, so, might as well make it a full change of clothes). You cannot be aided by a cellphone [[you have to earn that!), credit card, car, computer, etc. and you can't so much as even have a friend buy you a cup of coffee or use any other connections [[hint: since you are Noobies, I recommend doing that which I wasn't fortunate to start out with and make your way to the nearest collegetown-hope you don't get jumped by a bunch of U of M jocks at night).
You have to survive by your wits [[this should be interesting), your will [[and knowing when to bend, adapt, and abide-getting tougher here), and your integrity of character [[which we can only assume you have all been so splendiferously good at developing so well up to now with your control of thought, word, and deeds). You will find out what it means to wait in long lines for...everything. You can get foodstamps, to eat at a community kitchen [[there are a few-spread out in long distances around town), to stay at a shelter with all of the snoring, coughing, farting, fighting, guys getting up at four-jostling your bunk-so they can head out to the temp places [[some of you may learn something from the religious services-if not, at least, which way one doesn't want to steer their Christian faith), you get to find out how conniving and harried social workers are, and dishwashing? [[still got to shower, eat, sleep, and survive until that first check comes in-and God forbid you're "under the table"-because you may be exploited big time by those who know they can get away with it. It's happened to me far too many times than I can count.). Heck! even just finding a place to go to the bathroom will be an adventure.
You will see a side of humanity you've never seen before. I'm not just talking about the poor you will be with-you will truly see how the police, the business owners, and everyday persons [[you may recognize a few) who will treat you like a ghost or a subspecies mutant when all you sincerely want is directions or the time. You may ask yourself if you were ever like that.
Wait until you get falsely accused for something. Then you will find it isn't just the food, the clothes, the roof, the washings, and material essentials you took for granted. It will be the dignity, the credibility, the privacy, the freedom [[oh yes.), the security, and your ever dwindling nerves that are robbed from you.
So whose brave like Mel Brooks to try it, or were you all just chickensh*t B.S.-ers with a lot of digital courage but now oysters to back it up. Give it a try. Anyone who has read my posts-knows I have-just like Woody Guthrie. Let's see how YOU survive, much less witness how much it changes you [[maybe for the wiser). You will learn that a society can truly be judged by how it treats it's "lowest common denominator". I wish you God's blessings.