Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Parkguy View Post
    The old 8th precinct building was just demolished-- they are probably finishing up the cleanup of the site now. It is on the triangle between GR and McNichols on the east side of the intersection. Landmark Commercial Realty has proposed two retail stores and a drive-through coffee shop for the corner. The Redford Branch Library is currently undergoing remodeling adjacent to the 8th pct site. New Meijer is across the street, with several new retail outlot buildings planned for that location. The McDonalds just west of McNichols on GR is finishing up a complete renovation and expansion. I've noticed some storefronts east of McNichols getting new windows, etc. I think Meijer is actually driving some long-needed improvements, but there is still a long way to go.

I must have walked or drove by that triangle area about ten thousand times from the early 1960s to 2008. If you had predicted, in the 1960s, that the sleazy Rivieria would be the only thing the same as of 2014, most people would have said you were crazy.

Here is a review:

https://plus.google.com/101741202253...ut?hl=en&gl=us

"only good if your desperate, running away broke, looking to sell sex or drugs or hookup with somebody for one night stand. this place is a DUMP..."

All jokes aside, I am glad to see some new development go in that area. Double glad about the library. I must have spent hours in there during my grade school days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford-Bentler View Post
    I must have walked or drove by that triangle area about ten thousand times from the early 1960s to 2008. If you had predicted, in the 1960s, that the sleazy Rivieria would be the only thing the same as of 2014, most people would have said you were crazy.

Here is a review:

https://plus.google.com/101741202253...ut?hl=en&gl=us

"only good if your desperate, running away broke, looking to sell sex or drugs or hookup with somebody for one night stand. this place is a DUMP..."

All jokes aside, I am glad to see some new development go in that area. Double glad about the library. I must have spent hours in there during my grade school days.

Even the Riviera has a fresh coat of paint to welcome the Meijer to the neighborhood.