Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    If you were offered a job as CEO of a non profit making probably much more than a counsel member makes, what would you do?
    Finish my term. Duh.

It's called your civic fucking duty.

*council

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Finish my term. Duh.

*council
    Agree, called loyalty to constituants

Finish my term. Duh.

*council
    Normally I would agree with that. But spending years on a council that has effectively been neutered might change my mind

Right. So just as it's time to get working, quit. Says a lot, doesn't it?

Finish my term. Duh.

*council

Duh....just because you would do it, doesn't mean 5 others will. I'm not saying it's right, but people do and will take advantage of a opportunity. Other higher profile politicians have done the same, quit before their term is up. It's not the first time it's happened and won't be the last. BTW, thanks for correcting the spelling error.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-18-14 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Duh....just because you would do it, doesn't mean 5 others will. I'm not saying it's right, but people do and will take advantage of a opportunity. Other higher profile politicians have done the same, quit before their term is up. It's not the first time it's happened and won't be the last. BTW, thanks for correcting the spelling error.
    Let's try to look at this from THAW's POV as well.

If THAW wanted her in the position immediately and wanted her to make that decision or the job goes to someone else- what is she left to do? Corporate America doesn't exactly respect terms for politicians and gingerly waits for a term to end; they might have immediate needs that we're not even aware of.

I'm not one to fault her at this moment. I'm sure she had some hard choices to make but in the end she also has to take care of herself, her career, and her family. We as constituents can be miffed and maybe even mad but given the choices she was faced with I'm not so sure I wouldn't have done the same. And maybe she just feels as though it's a good time to bolt seeing the turnaround in Detroit happening. Is there anything that compels her legally to complete her term? Morally maybe; legally no- but again how many of us wouldn't have made the same choice.