Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
    One of the top 5 food purveyors in Oakland County is a Spartan store and that's Holiday Market in Royal Oak. Also, I apologize but I have to add: Fuck Walmart.
    Harbortown Market is a Spartan store. Lafayette Foods is a Spartan store. If you don't like the Spartan brand, buy the more expensive name brand. Or did all you critics not notice that Spartan stores also carry name brands? And Kroger sells their generic brands. Same thing. Furthermore, all Spartan stores that I shop at are independently owned. I much prefer supporting a local business than WalMart.

As for Chaldeans, I think it's totally irresponsible and racist to use a broad brush to claim they all run bad stores. It simply isn't true. Yes, they may employ some family members in their stores, but they also hire plenty of folks from the city. Again, we're talking family businesses here. Why the shock that they might have some family members working in their business?

I remember when Kroger pulled out of the city completely. I don't care if Martians came in and took their place. If they run a decent store, I'm patronizing it. Food desert? I've lived in the city my whole life and been in the downtown area since 1981. I never missed a meal because I couldn't find food in my neighborhood.
    Last edited by downtownguy; April-24-14 at 01:10 PM.