Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The building is NOT abandoned; it's actually owned by the Detroit Public Schools and houses food services things.

The fire at the old factory was caused by a arsonist. Send its calling card to keep corporations out from Detroit. That's not going to work!

Default NOT owned by DPS

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidechris View Post
    The building is NOT abandoned; it's actually owned by the Detroit Public Schools and houses food services things.
    This building is NOT part of the Detroit Public Schools, although it was sort of surrounded by buildings that are part of the DPS services division. This building was occupied at the time of the fire, by a manufacturing company called Palmer Promotional Products. This was their warehouse as well as a facility to assemble the store fixtures and cabinets they made as part of their varied product line. Django - I'm sure that was old inventory they were no longer needing, if you found it in the trash. Also, did you ever go back and get any pictures? I went down there yesterday and they are starting to demo the worst burned areas but I could not get close. Since the fire started up that second time a week later, they have guards down there at all times and they have the streets around it blocked off. [[Farnsworth, Riopelle, Theodore are all blocked off) I was able to get a few pics thru the fence on Frederick.