Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Disappointed, But There May Be a Silver Lining

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    More of the same nonsense....geez Detroit. Hopefully this is the last of the old guard and new blood comes in. Another obstructionist to piss around and collect a salary which isn't deserved.
    First, there's no way to spin this. I think it's bad news.

The only saving grace around this is that obstructionism [[a la the Tea Party) is really easy from the cheap seats. The closer you get to having any real power, the more you have to deal with actual consequences.

Jones and Cushingberry might have campaigned under the fantasy of fighting off the EM. But now they'll have do more than yell potshots and march around with signs.

They'll soon find that putting up a fight is a waste of time as they return again and again with nothing to show for it.

And something tells me Duggan isn't going to waste much time in reminding her who's Mayor, either.

I am curious to see how much oversight the State retains post-EM. New York City took 30 years before losing their state oversight. I expect nothing less in this scenario either.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; January-06-14 at 02:25 PM.